BMW Werkz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best chips out there for a 95 325i 4dr sedan... also are these any concerns I should have putting it into this car that has 140k miles on it? and is it something I can do or should I have someone else do it... thanks in advanced...

·
Premium Member
9,482 Posts
I have yet to install a chip
but the best are DINAN or TURNER
you can install it yourself
i dont know about the mileage

·
Registered
112 Posts
i have Dinan Motorsports chip...

theres differences in each chip....

dinan chips are more for the regular driver.... and only give you real performance when the petal is to teh metal...
from what i understand Turner Motorsports (Conforti) chips are aggressive all the time, not just when ur foots pushing all the way down, but also during normal driving...

both take off the govenor, kill flat spots, increase gas mileague, HP and torque!

goto the web pages for more info...

turnermotorsports.com
dinan.com

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I someone told me turner are better for the agressive driver (which I am). But what I'm concerned about is how mileage. I remember hearing that putting a chip on a car with over 100k miles could be harmful to the car...

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
its not harmful unless the engine has been abused. Obviously an engine in poor condition cannot handle very many upgrades. The only thing you really dont want to add after 100k or so is an FI setup, unless you do an entire rebuild first.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
along the same lines, does anybody know who makes a chip or shark injector for a 97 318i?

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by seanberesini@Feb 4 2004, 01:16 AM
along the same lines, does anybody know who makes a chip or shark injector for a 97 318i?
check with our sponsor , and also check the FAQ forum for the aftermarket links thread. you can browse some of those companies.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
the injector is for OBDII, chips are for OBDI.

·
Live Fast. Drive Faster.
3,251 Posts
i found jet computer chips to be pretty good they custom make them sorta u send them in with all your mods and they tune them so u don't blow up your engine or you can turn the governor off and just rip

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Originally posted by buuhh99@Feb 5 2004, 08:45 PM
i found jet computer chips to be pretty good they custom make them sorta u send them in with all your mods and they tune them so u don't blow up your engine or you can turn the governor off and just rip
ewww... I used to have a celica, and all the jet chips did for celicas was basically make it and so if you pressed the gas 3/4 of the way down it acted like you pressed it all the way down. So there was no difference between 3/4 and floored. I dont know if that is true for BMW but when there are chips with better reps out there I don't see any reason to get a Jet chip. IMO even if it was free I wouldn't put a jet chip on my car, i've never heard anything good about them.

·
Live Fast. Drive Faster.
3,251 Posts
i have only read stuff about hem in forums and the guy down the street has one but then again he is runniin in a crap civic i would definaetlly go with the other ones because they seem more ment for a bmw the jet ones just try to offer something more to ever one i guess

·
Registered
10 Posts
I installed a Bavarian Autosport Chip - haven't done a new one yet, waiting to get exhaust and intake still. I could tell the difference after I installed it in the parking lot at work. Install was only a small pain in the butt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts