BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a set of rims from AAA Rims but my local tire place is telling me that I would do better to buy a set of used factory wheels because sometimes the aftermarket wheels can cause vibrations even when perfectly balanced. Does anyone have any experience with this? It sounds to me like they could be telling me this just so I will buy from them but at the same time I've been a loyal customer for years and they have always been pretty good to me in the past.

The prices at AAA Rims are certainly much much cheaper than buying BMW factory wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by JPM-F1@Oct 17 2003, 11:43 AM
I am looking at buying a set of rims from AAA Rims but my local tire place is telling me that I would do better to buy a set of used factory wheels because sometimes the aftermarket wheels can cause vibrations even when perfectly balanced. Does anyone have any experience with this? It sounds to me like they could be telling me this just so I will buy from them but at the same time I've been a loyal customer for years and they have always been pretty good to me in the past.

The prices at AAA Rims are certainly much much cheaper than buying BMW factory wheels.
your local tire place is right for the most part, but there is a chance AAA rims make their wheels to bmw spec. the reason for that is all of bmw's wheels are hub centric, and alot of aftermarket wheels bore size are increased to fit a variety of manufacturers and they give you plastic hub centering rings to make up for it. which help but they still dont make the wheels fit perfect. if AAA's site says their BMW replicas are exclusive to BMW then there is a good chance they are hub centric. you will most likely have a 45-50mph wheel shimmy with aftermarket wheels, but it wont be too bad if you keep the tires well balanced

·
Registered
878 Posts
does this include quality rims like hamaan and ACS?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
no, their wheels are a higher quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts