BMW Werkz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my 1990 535i home last night and a few minutes into the drive I have to accelerate around a car to change lanes and I push down the gas pedal and instead of thte car speeding up or even the RPM's getting higher, they both dropped but the car didnt die out though. Then I am thinking it could have just miss fired something when it started so I pull over, turn it off, then restart it and I was able to Rev it when it was in Park or neutral but once I threw it into drive it started up again and lasted the entire ride home!! At first I thought it was the Accelerator cable but soon figured that out once it still worked a little. Luckily I made it home and such but I couldnt go over 45 mph or 2500 rpms!! Then this morning I drove it again and it rode perfectly :banghead and worked well, etc. What the heck could be wrong with it, especially if it was so severe last night yet alamost perfect this morning. Thanks for the Imput

P.S. I just took it in for a tune up like 3 or 4 weeks ago so I dont think it is many fluids or what not.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I dunno but I'd take it to the stealer to have it checked out..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts