BMW Werkz banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '99 Passat and want a new car. I'm down to the 325 and the A4 1.8Q.

My problem is that I'm torn and can't decide which way to go. I love the styling and body of the BMW, but I really like the AWD and interior of the A4.

You guys have any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Originally posted by Brian@Jul 7 2003, 12:31 PM
I have a '99 Passat and want a new car. I'm down to the 325 and the A4 1.8Q.

My problem is that I'm torn and can't decide which way to go. I love the styling and body of the BMW, but I really like the AWD and interior of the A4.

You guys have any thoughts?
i'm going through that too. are you looking at a 5 speed for both? the A4 i drove was $31,000 with everything. the 325 was over $33,000. it all depends on how much you can afford, and preference. or you can not get the AWD and bump $1,750 off the audi price.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
if you are the 'mod' type, the A4 would prob be the one you want; it is very very easy to mod without burning your pockets. THe BMW, its another story. I would say the BMW in stock form would be the better in performance. (Speed and handling). So I guess in general its this, audi for the comfort, bmw for the performance. Dont forget, you get that prestigue when you buy a BMW.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really want AWD which puts a loaded 325xi about $3k more than the like outfitted A4. I'll be buying an auto, so one thing that rubs me is the $1500 tiptronic option on the BMW. Bah.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Audi A4 1.8TQ Auto vs BMW 325xi Auto
That is a tough decision. Both are going to be slow, but they are both great cars. The Audi Quattro AWD is better in the snow, the BMW AWD is better on dry roads. Basically, I think it all comes down to whether you want to spend a couple thousand more on the BMW or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
MrElussive
As the owner of a 325xi I'm curious why you think the A4 handles better in snow. I'm very impressed with the way my '03 handled the Rocky mountains this past winter but, I have not driven the new quattro in snow yet. Is there that big of a difference?
Bushins

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Originally posted by woobiee@Jul 6 2003, 06:40 AM
if you are the 'mod' type, the A4 would prob be the one you want; it is very very easy to mod without burning your pockets. THe BMW, its another story. I would say the BMW in stock form would be the better in performance. (Speed and handling). So I guess in general its this, audi for the comfort, bmw for the performance. Dont forget, you get that prestigue when you buy a BMW.
i would just test drive both...if i were to buy new i dont know what i'd go with. Also automatic makes the choice tougher i guess.....test drive both and get the better car! :rock

btw woobie your sig is killer :cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts