BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with my upcoming sale of my cd changer and my current funds I'll be purchasing some projector assemblies this weekend. I also plan to buy an HID retrofit for christmas. Im going to try and make it an early present though. I know the ellipsoids use an H1 bulb.

Just to be sure, I need an H1 HID kit, correct?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Originally posted by kamikazinyc@Dec 5 2003, 07:16 PM
Dremel mans best friend :rock
Like it says in your sig.... DREMEL is South Africa Engineer's best friend

What is HID on your car....your fogs?

·
Registered
242 Posts
The euro lights by DEPO is what I've used alot faster then fogs to mod. :rock
You can doo it all the wayyyy :rock

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh the dremel.

Im making my own angel eyes using a DIY i think was posted here. And naturally, a dremel is involved.

I just cant wait to get them. i even bought new amber bulbs and coated them gray to replace my current ones. I thought they were getting whitish, but damn, the new ones look HOT!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by Asio+Dec 5 2003, 03:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Asio @ Dec 5 2003, 03:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kamikazinyc@Dec 5 2003, 07:16 PM
Dremel mans best friend :rock
Like it says in your sig.... DREMEL is South Africa Engineer's best friend

What is HID on your car....your fogs? [/b][/quote]
HID all the way baby :rock

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by El Presidente@Dec 4 2003, 05:30 PM
with my upcoming sale of my cd changer and my current funds I'll be purchasing some projector assemblies this weekend. I also plan to buy an HID retrofit for christmas. Im going to try and make it an early present though. I know the ellipsoids use an H1 bulb.

Just to be sure, I need an H1 HID kit, correct?
Don't just retro fit projectors in US lights water will get in and fuck every thing up, :nope if you gonna do it do it right BRO, get Euro lights you need the housing. :yup

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Do you have a DIY thing for the HIDs in your fogs?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went to take pics but my camera sucks for nite shots. i need to make the cuts halfway through like in the DIY site. Mine are barely past the surface. The camera did pick up the light around the LEDs though.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its my fault. I need to make the indentions deeper. Ill probably do that in the next hour and post some more pics.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Also el presidente that little battery isn't going to light them up nearly as much as your car battery. What bulbs did you use for them?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just used two white LEDs from radioshack. I wasn't paying attention when i bought them and I think grabbed the ones that don't illuminate much. I made my cuts deeper but the light barely improved. I think Im going to admit defeat.

I've done everything he did in the DIY but mine are much dimmer.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Well I am sure he taped into a wire that gives power to the lights...so that wheen he turns on his lights they turn on...and they are much brighter...try getting a smaller resistor....

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just checked the thing again. I did indeed use LEDs that are too weak. once my projectors arrive I may pick up the project again.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hehehe.

Well, just to see what would happen, I attached the postive battery clamp after the resistor. They were more blue then white and very bright, and then the right one caught fire. Now the left one still lights up white/blusih, and the right one glows orange.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts