BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been searching this site for information on the famous yellow triangle indicating a DSC fault. Found several threads directing to rebuilders/Ebay and how to remove the controller. Spoke with some BMW techs in my town and they cautioned on this practice as well as cautioning that programming the rebuilt module is necessary after replacement. Anyone been through the entire process of replacing the ABS/DSC controller who can offer information on programming it after replacement?

Thanks,
Al

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
How do you know the ABS unit has failed, the light maybe just on due to a failed wheel speed sensor, if you replace the unit yes you do have to get the unit programmed to the car, Carsoft cant do this, PA soft can by reading the EPROM from the old unit prior to removal and then reading it to the new unit once fitted , apart from that its a trip to BMW, I would get a diagnostic done first, if it is a failed sensor its going to be a very cheap repair compared with changing the unit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ABS is still operational so a wheel speed sensor is unlikely. As the car is my wifes' I need to make an appointment with her just to get the car, then I will take it to an indy to have the code(s) pulled then I will know for sure. Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts