BMW Werkz banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently replaced an alternator on my 318i. Actually, it was repaired in an electric shop for about 35$ (new voltage regulator and brushes) - works like a charm, at 1/10th of the price of a rebuilt alternator. Now for the bad part.

While driving with half-past-dead battery and barely-coping-to-charge-it alternator, my airbag light came on the dash. I figured - not enough voltage supplied, so airbag system shut off. When I put a working compressor back - the damn airbag light just doesn't go away! Should I reset the computer, as I do for every oil change and inspection light reset?

Second day driving with a fixed alternator - my A/C suddenly dies on me, with 98 degrees outside. I have had a fuse blown (fuse 39 - A/C) previously a few times - so I'd usually pop the hood and put in a new fuse (too cheap for the stealer inspection, you see). However, now all the fuses are just fine. And the A/C went off right away, not slowly, as would be in case of a leak. I figure - A/C compressor gone bad all of a sudden - or there's more to it? Any suggestions would be welcome - 'cuz I miss my BMW and am tired to ride a bike to work :nope

1 - 1 of 1 Posts