BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago the car started to show a few differant codes on the dash. The Indicator/Warning Lamps light lit up and so did the BRAKE and ABS light along with the BATTERY light. I replaced the battery with a new one from the local auto parts store and the car worked fine for about a day and then the lights showed up again. After getting home from work, i shut the car off and tried to start it back up. The starter would crank but would not start so i figured it was a bad alternator. Today i had the alternator replaced at a local Midas shop. I took the car for a test drive and after about half and hour the same lights came back on. This time the transmission light also came on and it felt like the car was slipping. So now in addition to all the service lights showing up and the car not starting properly, it seems like the transmission isnt working well either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI ! buddy i think you do complete servicing of your car because when we are not done servicing time to time it cause this type of problem has come but you dont worry because this type of problem comes in my BMW 328i so i know this problem is not crucial .

All the best !

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
voltage supply problems?

remanufactured alternators have always been a source of problems in bimmers. For some reason, alternators fr Autozone, Pepboys, and Kragen just do not match up to OEM stds. and i do not know why.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.