BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '95 M3 that I was putting a stereo in. I disconnected the battery while the windows were down, and after finishing the install, I tried to roll them up. They only move about 1/16" up or down, but that's it. And they do not move when I shut the doors, as they would if they were rolled up. I was just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before and if they have any advice.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
i just had my car serviced at a mechanic for troubles with my fuel gauge. They tried fixing it but couldnt and had to order a part for it. So I took my car back for 1 day and found that when i roll my windows up automatically, w/o pressing it, just pushing it once and going up by itself......my window rolls up all the way and then rolls back down maybe 2 inches. I'm baffled as to why it does that. I'm gonna have them inspect it. Sorry couldnt answer your question, but maybe after they fix mine i'll have some answers for you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
:devil First thing i would check is behind the glove box, that is the window control unit make sure you have a solid connection, might of somehow got knocked loose while you were working with the wires or the connection is worn out. Most likely it is not a mechanical problem unless you did something in the door panels. If you would have to replace it I believe its around 150, but id look around in some junkyards, hope this helps you out some!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts