BMW Werkz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

BMW 1998 328i.

The driver side power seat has messed up. The motor still works but when i try to recline it, back or forward, it just makes a loud clicking noise as if nothing is cetching. Ive checked below the seat, i raised it all the way up so i could see under it better, there is nothing blocking the motor. The fuse is good, Motor is good, does anyone have any ideas what could cause just the reclining part on the power seats to not work and cause this clicking noise?

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
Hey,

BMW 1998 328i.

The driver side power seat has messed up. The motor still works but when i try to recline it, back or forward, it just makes a loud clicking noise as if nothing is cetching. Ive checked below the seat, i raised it all the way up so i could see under it better, there is nothing blocking the motor. The fuse is good, Motor is good, does anyone have any ideas what could cause just the reclining part on the power seats to not work and cause this clicking noise?
These links will help you repair your seat:

Power seat recline fix DIY - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum

E36 power seat repair or fix - Pelican Parts Technical BBS

jb :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.