BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know that the power pulley is problably the most expensive mod/hp you can buy but I was looking at one and I realized....

HOW the hell does it work???? They look the same to me

·
Registered
48 Posts
Power Pulleys creat less drag on the motor and in turn doesnt create power just frees up power that was always there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
They really aren't the most expensive bang for the buck. UUC offers a set for $185 on their website. not that bad.. (I have them personally)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
LoL yea they are the most expensive bang/buck... They give you a "dynoTested" 3 hp and thats the UUC dyno which are inflated so they can sell their own products better
even if it is correct. 3 hp for $185? pfft yea right. Your better off getting a 9 lbs flywheel and a lightweight clutch. That will give you better downshifting engine reaction, and more pop off the lowend.

·
Registered
134 Posts
ya, well Supersprint headers are like $1200 and you only get what.. 10 horses? I totally agree with you on the uselessness of lightened accessory pulleys, but overall, your engine and components last longer due to less stress placed upon those working parts. I wish i had a manual transmission, every time i get in my car i kick myself for not buying one. So, i cannot get a lightweight flywheel or clutch unfortunately.

Tomorrow is the day i install the UUC pulleys. ill let you all know if i can notice any slight difference.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
for you what would really make a difference is going to a 3.61 or .73 rear end... that would be a kick. Especially since its automatic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts