BMW Werkz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We don't see why such a vehicle couldn't. There are some pretty strong signs that the independent sports car maker may very well add a fourth model to its lineup come 2008. If Porsche have broken the mould to create not only a mid-engined supercar, but a sport utility vehicle, a luxury sedan would be the next logical step. To some it may be yet another breach of tradition, and to others the downfall of one of the greatest sports car manufacturers in the world, but regardless of what is thought, it is bound to be an interesting vehicle. Unlike the Carrera GT, this new four-door sedan will not be of limited production, and will become a steadfast model in the Porsche lineup.
With a 612 hp V10

original 4 door porsche

Attachments

·
WOT in Reverse
3,441 Posts
I have mixed emotions about such an undertaking as i did with the cayene. Porsche makes some the best sports coupes in the world, arguably the most balanced and rewarding for an experienced pilot.

But as i graduate school and look towards my uncertain future, everyone i have turned to for advice has told me to go with what i know.

I really think Porsche would be fine heeding this advice and leaving it at that. Yes they can make good anythings (SUV, sedans, or trucks for that matter), but is all the R&D dumped into such programs cost effective in the long run? If they are able to successfully market these offerings at a successful rate so as to subsidize there development of the worlds greatest sports coupe so be it. I just worry it may ultimately bankrupt the little company.

Sorry to be so long winded, but i love Porsche and feel pationately about its preservation and financial health.

And also I'm drunk. :drunk

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I dig it.. If i had kids or at least friends... :cry

I dont see whats your problem with it, most of you like the 5 and 7 series....

·
Registered
539 Posts
Gonna be a hot car :yup

·
Registered
962 Posts
say hello to the new mafia family car!!!!!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Might have potential.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts