BMW Werkz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of buying a bmw 325i and it is from a dealer. I called the dealer and he said the only thing wrong is that the coolant light pops up. What does this mean. Could it invole the water pump going out. Also if it does involve the pump going out how much is it to replace?. Thanks for the help. I will be looking forward to your replys.

Thanks a million.

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
tell him to fix it , then youll consider buying the car.

no dealership should have a certified car that has coolant problems.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is not a bmw dealership it is just a car dealership. Could you tell me what the light means though?

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
probably did some work where they had to drain the coolant and then when putting it back in , they didnt bleed the system right , or you could have a leak.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would it have anything to do with the waterpump or overheating?

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This worries me a little mate.

If its a minor fault, why isn't the dealer fixing it? Or does he know something you dont???

I would insist he fixes it as a condition of you buying the car, and BEFORE you take delivery. There is nothing worse than getting your new pride and joy then running round the country sorting out problems with it!

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya well here is the story. I am only 17 so I go to this dealer really planning on buying this car. I go there and start looking at the car. Body and interior are pretty good so I go in the little shack that they have and ask if i could have the keys to start it. The man says nope you have to pay ten grand to start it. I thought that he was just joking so i see him go to the back and then come out the door expecting he was getting the keys. Well he didn't get the keys and i am like what the f#%k. So i says can i start the car and he says sure as soon as you buy it. He said that he doesn't want to wear it out before he sells it. So I just said [email protected]#k off and left.

Thanks for all the help though i really appreciate it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The sad part is someone is going to buy the car and really get the shaft. My guess is the block is cracked or head gasket is blown.

Matt

·
Registered
434 Posts
Maybe your age has him acting like that. The only coolant light, is the coolant level light. It is usually either a little low on coolant (common with bmw's due to evaporation) or the sensor is bad.

If he's trying to hide something from you, chances are it's not just a sensor problem.
Buy a car somewhere else, drive it over to the guy, and tell him thanks for steering you and your money to someone else.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya i thought it was becasue of my age to. You know, I wish i had the money in cash then when he said that, I would have shown him the cash and then said well buddy thanks for being an ass and then i would have left.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts