BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car: 1994 325i soft top Convertible
Automatic

I have searched and searched our threads, mostly found dead threads on OBC issues. So for all those that asked questions and found answers elsewhere please help. My OBC lights up the keys but not the screen, i swapped my buddies OBC and it still only lite up the keys. I have traced the wires and found no problems, i did find a green/purple wire that looks like a female fitting under the steering wheel it not plugged into anything. Fuses are all good also.

also, Do all BMW e36 come with keyless entry?

· Ich bin der Modifikator
3,190 Posts
Dumb question! You mention, fuses are good..... Did you check ALL your fuses.....looking in my Bentley Manual...
there are 9 fuses connected with the OBC......ready......fuses- 11[7.5A], 12[7.5A], 23[5A], 27[5A], 31[5A], 33[10A], 37[10A], 45[7.5A], 46[15A].

No.........
keyless entry on most e36's, are of aftermarket production......

jb :)

· Ich bin der Modifikator
3,190 Posts
if all the fuses are good, then I would check that green/purple wire with the female end.
This is very odd.....does the end of that wire have a bare metal connector.....if so, it might have pulled out of the back of a nearby plastic connector?

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help, Yes i used a tester previously on all fuses in the fuse box. Ive googled, looked for wiring diagrams but i havent found one that shows all wiring for the OBC just conversions. Here is a picture of the wire, not sure what it is, could it be a sensor like a temp sensor? Thanks for the feedback. here is the wire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.