BMW Werkz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in here have Potenza S-03 on their sport packaged bimmer? Or Pirelli P7000 Super Sports? I would like to see them on the sport rims, so can you please post some pics of them!! I am also not sure but are the dimension on the sport package 205/50R17?

S

·
0 Posts
yea, on the xi, those are the dimensions....uhh...and all tires look the same? are you talking about the tread? if so....tirerack.com has pics....but you shouldnt decide on tires based on what they look like.....

also...a rim that narrow is best suited for winter tires...keep those rims, use them as your winter rims, and get some BBS or OEM BMW rims that are wider, like 18x8 in the front, and 18x8.5 in the rear for the summer rubber!

SO3's are the best choice

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not deciding on tires simply by the looks, i just wanted to see what they looked like with the sport rims, and see how high the sidewalls would be, in comparison to the space that i have in my well! I have heard through friends that the S-03's are great tires, and was just looking to see what people here thought about them. As far as the Pirelli's I have heard a lot of good stuff about them as well.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
you cant buy thicker sidewalls to fill in the wheel well because that will mess up the speedometer. the tire diameter must match the stock ones (or close to it) so the speedo reads the same. for example, a 60-16 tire with 16" rims will have the same the same overall diameter as a 40-18 on 18" rims, the only diff is the sidewall being shorter and the rim being larger, the overall diameter is the same. the only way to fill in the wheel well is to lower the car, not adding more tire.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not trying to fill up the well, i just wanted to see how they looked on the car!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't trying to start shit or anything, just trying to clear things up. Thanks for the info! :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have both. On the Porsche I have the Pirelli p7000 SS tires measuring 245/40/16 and 225/45/16 I love them, they give lots of grip, and howl like hell when they let loose.

The Potenzas are grippier than hell. They stick like glue, are nice and quiet on the highway and I have not yet made them scream.

Ill take pix this weekend after a wax session and put them up.

S

·
0 Posts
yes so3's are defiantly my next mod, i need more grip! and yes gary, tires do COUNT as a mod! :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts