BMW Werkz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2001 bmw 330 ci. what is a goood way to goo in more performance. and if i wannna swap whats a better engine.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Before I can begin to speculate on more performance there are some questions I have to ask...

How much money are you willing to spend?
How much power do you want?
How much do you want to modify your car?
Are we talking built motor or simple bolt ons?

I will say that an engine swap is probably out of question for a few reasons. Depending on where you live emissions prevents you from swapping motors that do not come with your car. The only motor that you could theoretically swap that will give you an instant performance boom would be the S54 from the M3, however you will have to extensively modify your wiring harness, swap transmission, rear differential. The swaps have been done before but they are terribly expensive.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
You'll pay anywhere from $2-$6K for a simple turbo, but that will get you close to your power goals. one of the members on here has an e36 ///m3 turbo putting down i think close to 325

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
I'd recommend supercharging only because it's going to require less engine work initially. Check out VF Engineering, Active Autowerke, and ESS Tuning. Most of those setups will give you close to 300 but additional work like a full exhaust system and methanol injection should give you the power you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
however in the end a SC still requires a certain amount of the power it generates in order to operate, whereas a turbo is free-flow.

Also, AA SC kits run around $4500, VF's kit is gonna run around $5k.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
so which should i use turbo or super chager
Supercharge if you want to spend less money and use your 8 grand in other places, turbocharging if you want to spend all of your 8 grand. However, it might cost you more than 8K to turbocharge your car with tuning and custom fabrication as there are no real bolt on turbo kits for BMW's.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi i want to buy a old used 3 series which should be in black colour if possible please post the photo of the car and also let me know the email id so that i can get in touch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts