BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will soon have a 325xi, and I know that it comes with 184 hp stock, and I am looking to get the hp up to about 200! I have looked at a few options, but I am left with very few, since my car will be new, and i have a four year waranty that i don't want to void. This leads me to Dinan parts, which will allow me to still keep the warranty. I am thinking about getting the The Dinan S program, but without the exhaust, or is the exhaust worth $799.00? I basically want everything that this package includes, except for the badge and the plack. The Price for this program w/o exhaust is $ 1,696.00. Is this worth the price, keeping in mind that i still want my warranty to be valid. Does anyone have a Dinan package on their car, if so let me know what you think about it, and if you are happy with the results! Any info is helpful!

The Dinan S program features:
•High Flow Cold Air Intake
•Stage 2 Performance Engine Software
•Free Flow Exhaust System
•Performance Automatic Transmission Software (where applicable)
•Front Strut Tower Brace
•Signature Series Floor Mats
•Dinan Deck Lid Badge
•Serial Numbered Dinan S Plaque

Peak Horsepower…………195 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Peak Torque…………………182 lb/ft @ 3500 rpm

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
the question is...are you willin to pay that much for those parts?..and i havent seen a kit on someones kit..usally just a few things

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I guess the question is, do i screw the warranty, and get a wide variety in choices, and prices, or do i keep the warranty and go with Dinan parts? I know that Dinan sells great quality parts, but it is at that great quality PRICE! Besides, what if anything goes wrong with my car, ill need the warranty!

S

·
0 Posts
if your going to get an S package, at least go for the S1...the dinan suspensions are amazing......but if you just want performance, i guess S will suffice

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
deffinately go with dinan on a new car. its way to risky to void ur warranty that early on. maybe around 40k miles u can start to experiment with other aftermarket companies. i'm not very familiar with the dinan packages but what u mentioned seems really high for no suspension or exhaust upgrades. the chip, intake, and strut brace is really the only things your gonna get some use out of, and 1700 isnt worth it. i would keep the performance stock on ur car until the warranty dies out and just get some upgrades like a M-technic front spoiler, MVspoke 18"s, euro lights, and maybe a good stereo system.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by MrM3@May 27 2003, 03:44 AM
deffinately go with dinan on a new car. its way to risky to void ur warranty that early on. maybe around 40k miles u can start to experiment with other aftermarket companies. i'm not very familiar with the dinan packages but what u mentioned seems really high for no suspension or exhaust upgrades. the chip, intake, and strut brace is really the only things your gonna get some use out of, and 1700 isnt worth it. i would keep the performance stock on ur car until the warranty dies out and just get some upgrades like a M-technic front spoiler, MVspoke 18"s, euro lights, and maybe a good stereo system.
some of those might void your warrenty also...i dunno, ive never gotten a straight answer

·
Registered
487 Posts
You are going to spend $1600.00 for 10HP? :w00t

I mean, really! That makes very little sense to me. Shouldn't a chip alone add a decent 10HP?

NO wait!?!? The exhaust is extra???

There is no way in hell I would pay over 2K for 10HP.

Im sorry if I offend, but I just think that's silly.

·
Registered
487 Posts
But 23 hundies for 10HP is just stupid. If you have that kind of money you damn sure shoudla' bought a M3 in the first place.

My final word on the subject.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
•High Flow Cold Air Intake - no gain here really... and especially for the cost.
•Stage 2 Performance Engine Software - its ok... im not sure how it costs. Not much gain here either
•Free Flow Exhaust System - dinans ok... but 800 isnt worth it. UUC is far more bester
•Performance Automatic Transmission Software (where applicable) - hrmm... i dunno anything about AT software
•Front Strut Tower Brace - not gonna get you anywhere.... if your good with a welder make your own, thats what im doing when i get free time.
•Signature Series Floor Mats - wtf... ricer. If a sticker is 5 hp then what is a floormat? is there a calculation for this?
•Dinan Deck Lid Badge - see above. might as well put an acura badge on it. Maybe a blue one... mount it upsidedown.
•Serial Numbered Dinan S Plaque - see above

You want a real gain... go get your front and rear differential crown gears swapped out to something higher. That will be a kick in the ass im telling you EESSSPECIALLY with awd. oh man that extra torque at the wheels will rock. Get your intake manifold extrude honed (its cheap, dont go to one of the "pro places" they will charge you out the ass and do the same stuff as the people who work on tractors and other type stuff.)and if you can afford it, drop the engine and have the intake and exhausts ported and matched. But extrude honing will probly do more and for less. Something else would be honing out the throttle housing. Instead of paying out the ass for a carbon fiber intake.... buy a cam with a new grind.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
by law - they can only void your warranty if they can prove the aftermarket part caused the problem.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by cam540@May 27 2003, 09:03 AM
by law - they can only void your warranty if they can prove the aftermarket part caused the problem.
well shizzle my nizzle.....is that a us law?

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
couldnt u take off the parts if u had to get somethin repaired?

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by e30_325_s52@May 27 2003, 09:42 AM
couldnt u take off the parts if u had to get somethin repaired?
id really like to jack my car up and take my exhaust off to get my car reparied, but thank god bimmer oil changes are so far apart

·
Registered
736 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+May 27 2003, 07:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ May 27 2003, 07:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--cam540@May 27 2003, 09:03 AM
well shizzle my nizzle.....is that a us law? [/b][/quote]
are u black or wanna be black?

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by [TMD]Kit+May 27 2003, 10:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([TMD]Kit @ May 27 2003, 10:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 07:27 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--cam540
@May 27 2003, 09:03 AM

well shizzle my nizzle.....is that a us law?
are u black or wanna be black? [/b][/quote]
white as they come

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well if it isn't worth the money, then what should i do? I really dont want to void the warranty cuz it is a new car, but i want to make some improvements under the hood? Any ideas, are there any other parts that won't void the warranty?

·
Registered
41 Posts
i think u should go with dinan but yea it is pretty risky to void the warranty that early so i guess basically i have no clue

S

·
0 Posts
dont get the S packages, get the CAI, exhaust, throttle body, and chip....

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by ILOVEZ4@May 27 2003, 09:42 AM
i think u should go with dinan but yea it is pretty risky to void the warranty that early so i guess basically i have no clue
i'd say go with the differential then, but i have no clue on how costly or whats involved on bmw's AWD system

1 - 20 of 23 Posts