BMW Werkz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all... :p
whatsup? :beer

i was just wondering if u have and E36 with no mods...what is the best thing u can do to the performance of the car to get the best hp for about $2000 ??

waiting for opinions... :D :D
thx

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
intake, exhaust, headers, m3 cams, Chip it, good set of coilovers or lowering springs with struts, urethane suspension bushings, stiffer clutch, underdrive pulleys, etc..... any of those are options for performance upgrades, not all you will get for under 2g's though. So make your choices wisely... Intake, exhaust and headers are your best idea for making hp, as well as getting a chip after you have those mods already installed..

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
What about only for engine torque? In other words, what would be the first 5 things you would replace/upgrade to gain the best torque gain, considering budget. As it is now, my car is completely stock. (98 323 IS)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
JUST GET an intake, catback exhaust and a chip.... Once you get those installed, then start askin questions about deeper mods.... as it will cost a lot more than basic bolt ons

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kool... :D

Thanks alot guys...but i just have another small questions...

What is the best cold air intake system for an E36?and where can i find it on the internet?

What kind of exhause system should i be looking at ?and where can i find that?

What is the chip that u guys are talking about? and where can i find it?

the E36 is 1992 and :uggh auto :banghead
More than one opinion would be appreciated...
Thanks again...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
If your car is an auto spend that 2000 on a 5speed conversion.... Buy the kit for 1500 form Zionsville BMW and the labor is just another 500 i believe... Easy swap I hear...

·
Registered
698 Posts
I agree with the transmission swap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts