BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 328i show car that I want to give some performance to. I have considered a short ram intake, sport exhaust and a chip/software. Im not convinced that these are going to add to the performance much overall. I also considered a turbo but dont want engine issues and a supercharger is wayy to expensive. My other alternative is an engine swap? What is the biggest engine I can fit under the hood withoud too many mods, that is perfromance driven. I would like the car to sit at around 300-350hp and sound like it also.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have a 328i show car that I want to give some performance to. I have considered a short ram intake, sport exhaust and a chip/software. Im not convinced that these are going to add to the performance much overall. I also considered a turbo but dont want engine issues and a supercharger is wayy to expensive. My other alternative is an engine swap? What is the biggest engine I can fit under the hood withoud too many mods, that is perfromance driven. I would like the car to sit at around 300-350hp and sound like it also.

Your best option would be to find an S54 motor.

·
Registered
849 Posts
mmmm....that would fit nicely. but there would probably be some other needed modifications to the vehicle as well...

that would be a good jump in power...

you would probably want to throw in some brake / suspension upgrades as well as rear end...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would this be a direct fitment or will I need to modify engine mounts etc and replace the computer as well?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts