BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is getting quite aggravating & mind boggling. I have 2005 Bmw 525i. So when I tried to let down the window on front passenger side it wouldn't so I checked the fuse it was blown. When I try to replace the fuse it's sparks. So I took off the connection to the window motor and the replace it won't spark but soon as I put the connection on it blows the fuse. Also the mirror and door locks doesn't work on that side but the lights do. Could it be my passenger door module at fault? If so, where is it located?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like you may have a problem with the electrical circuit for the front passenger window, door lock, and mirror on your BMW 525i. The issue with the fuse sparking when you try to replace it could be caused by a short circuit in the wiring for these components. The door control module, which is responsible for controlling the operation of the door locks, window, and mirror, could be at fault.
To determine the cause of the issue, it will be necessary to perform some diagnostic tests and potentially disassemble the door panel to access the components and wiring. The door control module is typically located behind the door panel on the front passenger side of the vehicle. If you are not familiar with automotive electrical systems and how to safely diagnose and repair them, I recommend seeking the assistance of a mechanic or a BMW dealership. They will have the knowledge and tools necessary to properly diagnose and repair the issue with your vehicle.
That's exactly what it was door module. I found out the previous owner got in a wreck on that side & only thing was done was a new door & paint. I did research to find out my car is required to have the door module which it didn't. the harness they had with the door had like 25 wires but harness leading inside the car only had like 9. So I ordered a second hand module & harness to fit the car. Now my problem is getting it programmed to my vin so it can work. I have the kdcan wire & bimmergeeks standard tools along with the e60 sp-daten. Just trying to figure out how to put all the pieces together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts