BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking about getting this cd/mp3 receiver for my car....this will be the first thing i'm doing as far as upgrades to the stock system go....what do you guys think of it....i think i can get it for around $300-$350 ..heres the link..

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-LKaoE...nfo&i=133HX2083

if this doesnt get approval...what should i look for when buying a receiver?

·
Registered
8 Posts
That deck will certainly have everything you need. The most important features to look for imho are high output and three sets of 4 volt (or higher) preouts. The Panasonic hits the spot. The high output will give you a little more volume and crisp up your factory speakers a bit, and the preouts will give you the ability to add five channels worth of amp (like a 4ch + mono sub setup) if you chose to in the future!

And the MP3 capability may be nice if it appeals to you.

Personally, it's a little too flashy for my taste, and I find the flip down front to be a pain. I opted for the Nakamichi CD-400. For about the same price, you get the killer HQ, the output, and the preouts; however, you don't get the MP3 capability or CD changer controls. Check it out if you might be interested in a unit that will match your dashboard much more closely. The CD slot is definately handier. But if you prefer the flash, then go with the Panasonic.

http://www.nakusa.com/master/cd400.htm

Happy shopping.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks barret....that was the exact response i was looking for.....i'll probably go pick it up this thanksgiving weekend...i'll post pics after install

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didnt get it yet becuz i didnt want to get distracted during finals time (i usually study in my car).....but finals is over next week and i'll probably get it as an xmas presetnt to myselff......any last opinions b4 i go for it?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Panasonic is pretty decent. I have owned a couple of their older units. I prefer Eclipse but thats me, go for what you like! Panasonic is a decent setup though.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Damn straight! Ebay is the way to do things...best buy ever there, Alpine MRV-1507-greatest amp ever in my opinion :bravo ...just had to throw that in there, sick head unit dude, good luck finding it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts