BMW Werkz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K i have a red bmw 94 and i want the black side front and back to be red also. What is the best way to achieve this, without buying a whole bumper kit? cuz that it about 1000$ isnt it? Umm do u just paint it or what? andhow do u paint it? If i were to get a new front bumper side skirts and rear defuser how easy is it to instal? but i would rather just paint.. please help! :wrench thanks !

DAvid

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
the sides are an easy fix (like a few dollars) check out the faq section on how to do that. you are going to have to paint the front and rear. if i were you i would upgrade them or atleast the front one. if you dont want to just bring them somewhere or paint them yourself

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i think i am giong to order a front and rear bumper and just do the side skirts myself with that method seems easy! but now a few next questions arrive... how easy is it to instal the front a rear bumper? isnt the front just 4 screws and then to avvoid theft you shouyld spot weld them on? but how do u do the rear defuser? and how do i order the right color of bumpers for my car? is there a code in my car? and for my jack covers on my sideskirts should i just take those somewhere to get painted and they would do it for real cheap right? sorry for all the ?'s just really close to doing this! thanks for the help!
DAvid

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
the front is easy, the back is relatively easy as well, just post a topic about mounting it when the part is painted and ready. i have a book that shows how to do all that and i can post pictures of it

·
Registered
242 Posts
The front is not just 4 bolts those 4 bolts holds every thing, what you need is pop out all the black trims then you see these black plastic round snap on looks like a target pop the center out do it all the way around then the cover comes off, make sure you unscrew the fender cover by the front wheel and the bottom cover also your fog lights take them out first. Good luck tapweld the bolts after you get the bumper done. :thumbs

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
about how much money would it to be to paint the black part of the front and black bumper ,(by like a shop) and would it look bad if i just did that without upgrading the front bumper? anyone done it? also how long would it take a shop to do this since it is such a small area on both bumpers. also would it look bad if i didnt paint the rest of my car, or can they get the paint close enough to match?

Thank you
DAvid

·
Registered
242 Posts
Painting the black part and painting a whole M3 cover I say is about the same with your old one they got to clean it and tape all the edges but painting the new one they just spry it if I'm a body man I'll would charge the same. Mine was 2 bills.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wait so for the painting of the front adn back it was only 200$ and if i were to just leave my stock front on (FOR A WHILE) would it look fine all painted?

david

·
Registered
242 Posts
No the front only not the back. However it's hard to match bright paint such as RED, SILVER, WHITE ETC....... watch where you go to get painted. Best thing is go to some shop you trust with the front rear side and those black mirrors go with M3 style can't go wrong there cost the same to paint it any ways mine's will get the M3 look. :yup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts