BMW Werkz banner

painting carbon fiber hoods

3K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Andrewsd1985 
#1 ·
just curious is it possible to paint a carbon fiber hood
and what colors would go best with a red neon undercar kit

#2 ·
well i dunno, i may be buying a CF hood in the near future, but i would not personally paint it. im buying it for the look , the weight loss is second to the look IMO.
also id like to see some pics. lots of people frown apon neon on a BMW but id like to see the pics before i judge.

also what colour is your car?

#3 ·
Originally posted by buuhh99@Feb 5 2004, 06:07 PM
just curious is it possible to paint a carbon fiber hood
and what colors would go best with a red neon undercar kit
its very possible. and do not paint it the same color as neons. paint it the same color as the car. if you want your lik that.get a honda

#4 ·
i am just adding a bomex body kit and am goin to have it painted was thinkin a bout getting red neons but i am not shure now probbly goin to go all black or red with carbon fiber hood maybe add a wing not shure though what do u guys think

#5 ·
LOL

my friend has a cf hood on his 92 e36. jet black car, racing dynamics xhaust lowered Hm2 rims. m3 bumper. the works

well wat he did was pain the outer 2/3 of the cf hood so just the middle portion of the hood is CF looking. it looks pretty good because teh cf is not amazingly visible from far away.

#9 ·
yep, and nothing says fast like neons.

And wings are stupid. Period. A small spoiler can be done no problem, but leave the wings to real race cars.

#10 ·
Originally posted by El Presidente@Feb 5 2004, 10:12 PM
yep, and nothing says fast like neons.

And wings are stupid. Period. A small spoiler can be done no problem, but leave the wings to real race cars.
lik a stock m3 spolier. o yes. thats nice

#12 ·
Seems to be a big misconception these days with some people, big wing doesn't make it look fast, it makes it look gay (personal opinion). There is next to nothing driven on the streets today that requires any of the wings I see on these hondas in my city. A nice M spoiler would make it look powerful.

#15 ·
Originally posted by Furious+Feb 6 2004, 12:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Furious @ Feb 6 2004, 12:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EXtech@Feb 5 2004, 11:01 PM
. A nice M spoiler would make it look powerful.
i can second that

:thumbs [/b][/quote]
Yes i love the look of the stock M spolier. If I have the money after suspension upgrades I want to get one, just because I like a small spolier and the M one is subtle and yet looks meaningful all at once.

To answer your question (kinda forgot to do that the first time) if you want your car to look "fast" *cough* rice *cough* then don't paint the hood. But IMO for most cars it looks pretty gay. Some cars pull it off nicely. However, if your painting the hood then no one will believe that it is carbon fiber... tuff decision you face.

#16 ·
M spoilers don't look that great.... makes the car look too boxy to me... and there is nothing wrong with adding a small drag wing....... ifff your car has a built motor and you plan on doing some track time with it.. other than that, leave any kind of spoiler off the car... it's a sedan, not a fricken sports car.... keep it clean, buy a geo

#17 ·
Originally posted by bimmerfan620@Feb 6 2004, 12:21 AM
M spoilers don't look that great.... makes the car look too boxy to me... and there is nothing wrong with adding a small drag wing....... ifff your car has a built motor and you plan on doing some track time with it.. other than that, leave any kind of spoiler off the car... it's a sedan, not a fricken sports car.... keep it clean, buy a geo
your on crack. the M spoiler doesnt make the car look more boxy, and besides its actually a functional spolier unlike most out there that either work very little or not at all

#19 ·
Originally posted by buuhh99@Feb 5 2004, 09:24 PM
i agree totally but i want to make the outside look fast also
Like e36_332i_s52 said, Dont make it *look* fast, I think you'd be more happy if you MADE it faster and then focused on the "looks"... If your avatar is your car, I say it's perfectly fine as it is.
Seriously, I sugest you don't make it look any different than it is. The only thing I'm doing to my stock car visually is replacing the headlights and domes because, the headlights are plastic and are yellowing, and the domes are both cracked badly and arn't bright at all.

#20 ·
Originally posted by bitcore+Feb 6 2004, 07:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bitcore @ Feb 6 2004, 07:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-buuhh99@Feb 5 2004, 09:24 PM
Like e36_332i_s52 said, Dont make it *look* fast, I think you'd be more happy if you MADE it faster and then focused on the "looks"... If your avatar is your car, I say it's perfectly fine as it is.
Seriously, I sugest you don't make it look any different than it is. The only thing I'm doing to my stock car visually is replacing the headlights and domes because, the headlights are plastic and are yellowing, and the domes are both cracked badly and arn't bright at all. [/b][/quote]
yup, it want it to look fast, go sell your bmw and buy a honda

#21 ·
Originally posted by e36_332i_s52+Feb 6 2004, 10:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (e36_332i_s52 @ Feb 6 2004, 10:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by bitcore@Feb 6 2004, 07:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-buuhh99
@Feb 5 2004, 09:24 PM

Like e36_332i_s52 said, Dont make it *look* fast,
domes are both cracked badly and arn't bright at all.
yup, it want it to look fast, go sell your bmw and buy a honda[/b][/quote]
Not that we are flaming you, buuhh99, we are actually quite serious.
Personally, the neon REALLY pushes the limits for me in terms of rice-factor. No offense.
Also, if you do somehow decide get a big wing on the back.... I wouldn't even know what to say.
Once again, we arn't flaming you, we are trying to save you ;)

#22 ·
i will lose the neons and add the m spoliler but i don't really know what else to add to my car i want a turbo but i want to get a stronger engine and transmission first but beside that what do u suggest on putting into my car? i don't have coilovers yet and i want them you think that would be good or should i stick with the engine

#24 ·
If you paint the carbon fiber keep it body color, and as for neons maybe one in the opening in the front bumper but that is about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.