BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced the bloody head gasket, new gaskets all round etc... the car overheat when idling, no white smoke nothing at all, I noticed when I rev the bugger the needle drops back to centre, bring it back to idle and the needle pegs up... I have a new thermostat, belts and water pump, with new hoses the whole 9 yards... obviously the coolant isn't circulating properly or fast enough... any input would be great. Sere.

· Help from over the pond
3,230 Posts
If its not flowing fast enough, its either the waterpump or loose belt, it could also be the stat is the wrong way around or faulty even though its new.

· Registered
19 Posts
The system must be bled very well...had a similar problem...bled the system properly and all was well ! U probably know where the bleeding screw is but just in case its on top of the radiator...carefull not to overtighten when done as they break easily....if u have already done this and there no air in the system ( which takes a few tries ) then check the fan clutch....this could also be a problem...let us know....gd luck

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys thanks for the replies, the fucken bimmer is giving me the shits... I have tried 2 different water pumps, 2 different thermostats bled the cooling system so much that there is barely any coolant in there, as it has been overcome by water... no idea what this is I will order a fan clutch and give it a shot, if not I will torch the bugger... will keep posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.