BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright folks.

Wats the name of that sensor that turns the cooling fan on? Cant for the life of me remember it or find it online. From what i hear it usually break in the off position and the car overheats. Mine has decided to be individual and break in the on position. Bloody cooling fan is on full whack the whole time. I'm thinkin its not too big of a job to replace?

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
Alright folks.

Wats the name of that sensor that turns the cooling fan on? Cant for the life of me remember it or find it online. From what i hear it usually break in the off position and the car overheats. Mine has decided to be individual and break in the on position. Bloody cooling fan is on full whack the whole time. I'm thinkin its not too big of a job to replace?
Radiator/Auxiliary Fan Switch; 80/88C; Radiator Mounted with 3 Pin Connection #10 in link below:

RealOEM.com BMW E36 316i 1.9 Radiator

jb :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having this same issue....just started today. Parked the car and turned it off, walked outside about 10 minutes later and the fan was running wide open. My "Check Coolant Light" has been coming on also but the car is not hot and the doesn't seem to be any leaks any where. Have you experienced this also or is the fan just running wide open?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if ur check coolant light is on mate try bleading your radiator.... mite just be a bit airlocked, also check ya have enough coolant in there!

e36 coolant systems feckin suck..... my toaster would do a better job at cooling my car....

·
Registered
3 Posts
My fans low speed relay was stuck on "on". Haven't bled the radiator hoses yet.....but will do so soon. Hope it works. Thank guys!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts