BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i look at the intake manifold on side of motor it doesnt have coolant hose running to it like a v6 or v8. Is the intake manifold part of the head or am i not seeing it right. On a v6 you can just take off the manifold without touching removing the heads. I know the intake that the throttle body is connected to bolts to the head i can see that, but what am i missing here,do you have to pull the head to change the manifold gasket on a inline? How else would coolant be getting in cylinders?

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
When i look at the intake manifold on side of motor it doesnt have coolant hose running to it like a v6 or v8. Is the intake manifold part of the head or am i not seeing it right. On a v6 you can just take off the manifold without touching removing the heads. I know the intake that the throttle body is connected to bolts to the head i can see that, but what am i missing here,do you have to pull the head to change the manifold gasket on a inline? How else would coolant be getting in cylinders?
The intake manifold, brings air & fuel into the cylinder head to each cylinder 1 thru 6, the head has separate channels within for coolant circulation, it is either when the head warps @ the bottom or the gasket cracks, that allows coolant to enter into the cylinders of the engine block.

Cylinder Head Gasket #6

Attachments

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
What exactly are you trying to do?

Did you have the coolant system pressure tested yet?

jb :conf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts