BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any comments on the procedure I've been using would be helpful. The car looks slick when done, but I'm always up for improvements...

1) Wash with car shampoo and dry with terry towels.
2) Clay bar on the stubborn spots.
3) P21s paint cleanser, buffed out with terry towels.
4) Wax with Zymol carnuba.

If I wanted to use a polisher, between what steps would I use it? How long do you usually notice a carnuba wax job lasting before needing to reapply?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hootie said:
Any comments on the procedure I've been using would be helpful. The car looks slick when done, but I'm always up for improvements...

1) Wash with car shampoo and dry with terry towels.
2) Clay bar on the stubborn spots.
3) P21s paint cleanser, buffed out with terry towels.
4) Wax with Zymol carnuba.

If I wanted to use a polisher, between what steps would I use it? How long do you usually notice a carnuba wax job lasting before needing to reapply?
Some improvements:

1) Wash with car shampoo and dry with Waffle Weave Drying Towels. 2) Clay bar twice annually
3) P21s paint cleanser, buffed out with microfiber polishing towels.
4) Seal with Four Star Ultimate Paint Protectant, or Poorboys EX-P.
5) Maintain with a Polymer or other quality (Clearkote Quikshine) Instant Detailer
6) Repeat steps every season. (inspect for claying)

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Dry the car with an electric blower. The less number of times the paint is touched, the less chance there will be to scratch it. Safer than rubbing with any towel. Sears has a 220mph house brand or the Toro 215mph for about $60.

You can also put the Zymol over the paint protectant. Even add a couple of coats to make it last longer.

Another product that got great reviews for ease of use, shine and longevity it Rejex. Put it on about every couple of months(garaged car) with wash/QD in between and your good to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts