BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea i was bored reading my friends car mag and i found some interesting websites.
one is www.turbonator.com. this website claims supercharge your car for 70 bucks? haha will this really work? another website i found is redlineauto. this website sells covers for license plates. do their covers actually work or is it a joke?

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
hehehehe no they dont work, i have one of those tornado things in my CAI and it doesnt produce a drop of performance but i do notice better gas mileage, the one and only reason i still have it in ,

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
DIRT!!!!! Only if you want a fan noise, buy it.......

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well - since the topic has such a nice generic title - let me reuse it :D

Anyone uses zMax engine treatment products (oil, tranny and gas additives)? Anything positive to say about them?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I can say I use all Royal Purple lubrication. Best products available on the market along with Mobile 1 synthetic..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Used zMax on my first e36...it had a problem with shutting off immediately after starting if it sat all night. This stuff fixed it in a matter of days. :driving

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
i think zmax actually got sued for making false claims. the stuff is actually not so good for you engine, there was a write up by consumers guide i believe.

DIRT!!!!! Only if you want a fan noise, buy it.......

what fan noise, those things dont change the sound of your car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The kind of additives that are bad for your engine usually have what's called PFT. Basically it is made by Dupont and acts as a Teflon-like lubricant. The bad thing about this is that it is carried as tiny pellets which can be bad for your motor.

·
Registered
134 Posts
that thing's a piece. don't waste you money. if you want real horsepower email me, i have authentic Bavarian Autosport engine software for E36 6 cylinder cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts