BMW Werkz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ex owner/admin
Joined
·
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya she went about 2 days ago. i will have to get a rebuild done this week sometime. im gonna be driving my good ol riced up civic for a little while.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Furious@May 26 2003, 08:02 AM
ya she went about 2 days ago. i will have to get a rebuild done this week sometime. im gonna be driving my good ol riced up civic for a little while.
that sucks man? is this the civic you had before the bimmer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
that sucks man, hope ya get it sorted soon :thumbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,253 Posts
post some pics of your civic. :drunk
 

·
ex owner/admin
Joined
·
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya its my old civic. wow what a difference from the bimmer. i have to find all the little add ons i had to make it quick again. i just drove it today. it has a tendency to overheat, which is easily fixed with the heater on. :blush , repairs repairs repairs.
the alternator is gonna be a while to get fixed. i need to scrounge up some cash first
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
How the hell do you fit in a civic mark?? Man 6-4 and so little room.. :lol:
 

·
ex owner/admin
Joined
·
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Ski@May 27 2003, 01:52 AM
How the hell do you fit in a civic mark?? Man 6-4 and so little room.. :lol:
funny enough the civic has more leg room. but a little less head room. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,192 Posts
how did it "go".....
was it an overnight thing or did you know its bad

and a question,......

how do you know your transmission is bad?????
 

·
ex owner/admin
Joined
·
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by RedTape@May 28 2003, 08:25 AM
how did it "go".....
was it an overnight thing or did you know its bad

and a question,......

how do you know your transmission is bad?????
well. this is how it went. a half week ago. my ABS light went on. for no reason everything working well. but the ABS system was shut off.
now i didnt understand why this happened untill the battery indicator or dash light went on. basically when the ABS system senses an inbalance in the electrical system or charging system it will automatically shut down as a fail safe. i read this in a bentley maunal a while back.
anyways back to the battery. the reason that it has taken so long to die or shut down is because the alternator is still pumping out charge its charging at around 11 volts (not sure with a load) my car is suppose to be closer to 12.9V or 13V with charge . now my car still runs. but everything is on like low levels. (lights dimmer [not seriously noticable], wippers are a little slower, performance is a little rough) but the car starts up ok. i just dont wanna try my luck. the alternator died because i put to much strain on it a while back , all of a sudden it was cold and rainy so i had my lights on, wippers on high, defrost on, and heat on. now that is all ok. untill you put a alpine V12 1000 watt amp and a power accustic 380 watt amp on at a very high level. basically i overloaded the alternator. and fucked myself. plain and simple
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,294 Posts
mayb i should look into a stronger alternator for my car then...
 

·
ex owner/admin
Joined
·
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the problem being is that you cant go to strong because if you overcharge the system it causes problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
Originally posted by Furious@May 28 2003, 12:16 PM

well. this is how it went. a half week ago. my ABS light went on. for no reason everything working well. but the ABS system was shut off.
now i didnt understand why this happened untill the battery indicator or dash light went on. basically when the ABS system senses an inbalance in the electrical system or charging system it will automatically shut down as a fail safe. i read this in a bentley maunal a while back.
anyways back to the battery. the reason that it has taken so long to die or shut down is because the alternator is still pumping out charge its charging at around 11 volts (not sure with a load) my car is suppose to be closer to 12.9V or 13V with charge . now my car still runs. but everything is on like low levels. (lights dimmer [not seriously noticable], wippers are a little slower, performance is a little rough) but the car starts up ok. i just dont wanna try my luck. the alternator died because i put to much strain on it a while back , all of a sudden it was cold and rainy so i had my lights on, wippers on high, defrost on, and heat on. now that is all ok. untill you put a alpine V12 1000 watt amp and a power accustic 380 watt amp on at a very high level. basically i overloaded the alternator. and fucked myself. plain and simple
hmmm, this stems out from the planet days w/ the battery being replaced.. ;)

Good info bro!!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top