BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I just purchased a 1997 540i. I love the car except that the one-touch operation (when closing) doesn't work on either the driver or passenger front windows. Neither does closing the front windows using the key. In other words, one-touch works fine, both up and down, on the rear windows (as does using the key in the door), and it works fine opening the front windows (as does the key), but when you try to use one-touch to close either of the front windows or you try to close them using the key, they won't close. I've had the main switch console replaced for other reasons but that didn't help. I've checked all the fuses and they're all ok. My mechanic doesn't even know what to do next.

Can anyone help??? :cry

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Doc_CJ@Jun 19 2003, 01:40 PM
Hi! I just purchased a 1997 540i. I love the car except that the one-touch operation (when closing) doesn't work on either the driver or passenger front windows. Neither does closing the front windows using the key. In other words, one-touch works fine, both up and down, on the rear windows (as does using the key in the door), and it works fine opening the front windows (as does the key), but when you try to use one-touch to close either of the front windows or you try to close them using the key, they won't close. I've had the main switch console replaced for other reasons but that didn't help. I've checked all the fuses and they're all ok. My mechanic doesn't even know what to do next.

electronics possibly? the dealership could pinpoint it immediatly..i love my auto up/down windows! :wub:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by Doc_CJ@Jun 19 2003, 11:10 PM

Could be a bad relay and not a fuse. See if you can get a hold of a wiring diagram. It could be possible that the front is on a different realy/circuit than the back. Just a thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts