BMW Werkz banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
ok im reallly messed u[p on some sleepoing pills now that have me all messesd up, so bar with me forums :_) To 91notchback yes you are right. Ther are a lot of biased poeple here becuase of the love they have for BMWs. But most of the time they are right. The biased also formus from American cars=straight line BMW=curves. Its not like we are biased on the suspenion shit and think every car should have a BMW set up.. Its just that we think germna engineering or Itallian engineering, is far superiir (god spellin is gunna be wrong ) But Yeah i see where your coming from...... to sum it u-p... DONT COME ON HERE BRAGGING ABOUT HOW YOUR VETTE OR COBRA OR RICER AND TALK ABOUT HOW YOU CAN WHOOP SOME ASS...... I NEED TO FINISH THIS WEHN IM SOBER TOMORROW BEFORE SCHOOOLL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Originally posted by Z4B-Mer@Nov 16 2004, 11:26 PM
AMERICAMN= STRAIGHT LINES (NO DRIVING SKILL)
EUROPEAN= CURVES AND CANYONS (MUCHO DRIVIN SKILL)
[snapback]232407[/snapback]​
man you are ignorant. ill race your Z4 threw the curvy back roads anyday. and the only reason you think stright line requires no skill is cause your car is slow. what i ment to say is really slow. and if you want to prove you bad ass car, race me around curvy backroads id be more then glade. PM me i live in sothern WI. come back your BS you have been talking up.

and i just want to know what BMW will beat a Z06 around a track. o yeah none of them. o yeah and the 2000 cobra R will take any M3 around a track.

american = stright, cause if that all there good at then you car must suck at everything, except for bilding you big ego.

you are ridicules.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Originally posted by Z4B-Mer@Nov 16 2004, 11:24 PM
ok im reallly messed u[p on some sleepoing pills now that have me all messesd up, so bar with me forums :_) To 91notchback yes you are right. Ther are a lot of biased poeple here becuase of the love they have for BMWs. But most of the time they are right. The biased also formus from American cars=straight line BMW=curves. Its not like we are biased on the suspenion shit and think every car should have a BMW set up.. Its just that we think germna engineering or Itallian engineering, is far superiir (god spellin is gunna be wrong ) But Yeah i see where your coming from...... to sum it u-p... DONT COME ON HERE BRAGGING ABOUT HOW YOUR VETTE OR COBRA OR RICER AND TALK ABOUT HOW YOU CAN WHOOP SOME ASS...... I NEED TO FINISH THIS WEHN IM SOBER TOMORROW BEFORE SCHOOOLL
[snapback]232403[/snapback]​
my friend had me join this sight cause you all were talking shit that you dont know about, he owns a BMW his car is ausome you are stating that the corvette is a stright line car. by no means is the vett a dragster. it is 100% sports car.but you have no idea of what you are talking about. and the only reasion i decieded to join this sight was to find out a little added stuff about the cars and all i have learned is these people for the most part (mainly you) are retared jag offs who talk out of your ass and make fun of car you know nothing about nor care to learn about. you are the type of person that when they loose will first off lie about and think in your head" that unfair cause my car gets better gas milage" or it did not start from a role. and so on. loosing is a part of every win. im not saying corvetts are undesputed best you buy what you like, but dont think that you car is the best at every thing. yes BMWs do handle good for a luxery car and the stop ausome for any car. but there are alot of faster cars and some are american.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,579 Posts
Originally posted by Z4B-Mer@Nov 17 2004, 01:24 AM
to sum it u-p... DONT COME ON HERE BRAGGING ABOUT HOW YOUR VETTE OR COBRA OR RICER AND TALK ABOUT HOW YOU CAN WHOOP SOME ASS....
[snapback]232403[/snapback]​
Dude, you have 50 some posts, joined last month, and have no point. Shaddup you face.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
yeah i juss read that, i was really really fucked up when i wrote that, i dont even remember typing that, but as far as me not having credibility , i have actually been a member for abouta lil over a year but just started posting on this new name like you said about a month ago.... i never really posted on my other name, i was here more for educational purposes and to learn about BMWs (before i had one)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
91notchback, i would LOVE to race you through some corners, i just couldn't deal with the guilt tho, i mean having the the idea that your death would be all on me cuz you wanted to take a cobra around some corners would be to much for me to bear.... the only way you would beat me is if you got some suspension mods, and i mean major suspension mods. Have you driven a Z4 anyways..... this is ridiculous, i cant believe you are even thinking of this. You can debate me all you want, but this is a no-brainer man. The stability control on the 04 Z4 is somewhat revolutionary, you are saying that i dont know anything about cars... HA! if your ever gunna be in Michigan , please let me know so we can do this race so i can end this....:) please hope it is soon, becuase after a few more paychecks, the Dinan strut tower braces are coming in and then it would just be a waste of my gas and tire tread....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Originally posted by Z4B-Mer@Nov 17 2004, 02:38 PM
91notchback, i would LOVE to race you through some corners, i just couldn't deal with the guilt tho, i mean having the the idea that your death would be all on me cuz you wanted to take a cobra around some corners would be to much for me to bear.... the only way you would beat me is if you got some suspension mods, and i mean major suspension mods.  Have you driven a Z4 anyways..... this is ridiculous, i cant believe you are even thinking of this.  You can debate me all you want, but this is a no-brainer man.  The stability control on the 04 Z4 is somewhat revolutionary, you are saying that i dont know anything about cars... HA!  if your ever gunna be in Michigan , please let me know so we can do this race so i can end this....:)  please hope it is soon, becuase after a few more paychecks, the Dinan strut tower braces are coming in and then it would just be a waste of my gas and tire tread....
[snapback]232703[/snapback]​
have you read my thred about me racing my friends #325is sport package around the back roads. you should check it out and let me know what you think. its called "I love my car" and by the way i dont have a cobra i have a 91 5.0 notchback henst the name. it the lightest and strongest fraimed FOX ever made. and no i dont have any major suspension mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
AHAHHAHHAHHA, hmmmm im just gunna let you win this one man, here you go, "91notchback, your right, your car could beat my 04Z4..... i dont know what i was thinking...please forgive me..." hahahhahah, a 91notchback lol, if i get some credible people on here to tell me i am wrong about this, then i will gladly eat the humble pie, but until then, imma say, keep dreaming 91notchback, although i still would like to debate weather the cobra could take it, i am not a total dickhead man like you probably think, so i will give it to you that i have never driven your year car, so i am not gunna say to much, but like i said i have driven a cobra (i said an 02 but i still am not sure on the year, i know it was newer generation) and i own a 04 Z4 3.0 with sprts pckg. so I can talk a lot about the both.... im telling you man, the cobra does not stand a chance against the Z4 or really any BMW for that matter (talking about actually racing, not drag)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Originally posted by Z4B-Mer@Nov 17 2004, 11:01 PM
AHAHHAHHAHHA, hmmmm im just gunna let you win this one man, here you go, "91notchback, your right, your car could beat my 04Z4..... i dont know what i was thinking...please forgive me..." hahahhahah, a 91notchback lol, if i get some credible people on here to tell me i am wrong about this, then i will gladly eat the humble pie, but until then, imma say, keep dreaming 91notchback, although i still would like to debate weather the cobra could take it, i am not a total dickhead man like you probably think, so i will give it to you that i have never driven your year car, so i am not gunna say to much, but like i said i have driven a cobra (i said an 02 but i still am not sure on the year, i know it was newer generation) and i own a 04 Z4 3.0 with sprts pckg.  so I can talk a lot about the both.... im telling you man, the cobra does not stand a chance against the Z4 or really any BMW for that matter (talking about actually racing, not drag)
[snapback]232858[/snapback]​
quote of motor trend

"But man does not live by thrust alone. In fact, SVT Cobras have always emphasized handling, and they stand among the fastest-ever street cars through our high-speed slalom test."

"Overall, it's well controlled, a dream to drive through a corner, and good fun to steer using nothing more than the throttle."

"Braking, 60-0 mph, ft 121

cobra R
"And it pulled an amazing 1.01 g on the skidpad."

Z4
"Corners like a cheetah, way better than a Z3," but also wrote, "Suspension has trouble with anything but smooth road and front end loves to wander with pavement seams and grooves." who cares every car is not best at everything especaly roadsters they ar at a disadvantige for the begining at leat from my point of view.

what ever im not saying anything bad about you car for a lux sport its great but if you want performance or arnt attracted to the rich prep look. but want a fast car the mustang with $500 will beat your car around any track. but what ever i dont know why you are argueing you did not buy your car for the performance ( at least i think) you bout your car for the look and eligance witch the mustang does not even compair to. drive what you love and love it dont make up BS like how you will beat a cobra around a track.

like i said i love BMWs they are my #1 third car and im a three car kind of guy. just too poor right now.
#1 cobra/bult stang fox or new gen
#2 lightning my first love
#3 E36 a lux sports car great for babbying around ( with special mods only me and ding know) got to love that, car great allaround car

i love all with a passion thats just the order im probly going to buy them in. what ever. im sick of this thred. and i love a good argument. good buy!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,335 Posts
actually the leaf springs on the new vette work out very well on the track.

I'm not here to bash ford or anything even though bmw's are definately better all around. I just think that its funny that it takes ford a supercharged V8 (390hp) to hang with an e46 M3 3.2L inline 6 with no turbo/ supercharger. You can't argue with that so don't even try. Plus, the M3 has much more quality, handling, options and safety. So thats where your money goes when you get a bimmer, its not a waste.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
ok when you quoted motor trend, was that whole article about the Cobra R or just the Cobra, becuase there is about a 30 thousand dollar difference between the two.... and i would not argue for a second that the Cobra R would whoop a z4's ass all around...... and i bought my car mostly becuase of the sports side, not so much luxury, but i didn't want an all out sports car, i wanted something i could take a girl out in and have her feel comfortable going to a nice restaurant in...... hey, i turn 20 years old this august, so as far as you mentioning my big ego 91notchback, dont mistake ego for pride.....the main reason i bought a BMW is becuase i mercedes, and as far as a Z4 goes, there is no other 50 thousand dollar car that i could find that offered more car for the price, sure there is the 40 grand cobra that might be faster, but honestly i dont think there is another car that offers more "car" for the buck, and yeah motor trend made the z4 look bad, it does ride bad on bumpy shit, not so much like a trans-am where u think ur back end is gunna swing out, but it could be smoother, im working on getting a pair of Koni stuts, anyone hear anything goos about those???? and o yeah Z4 my car might handle a little different then teh one they tested becuase i got 18inch beefy tires on there, not the stock 17s
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
hmmmm im studying these quotes carefully,,,,, seems to me that the whole things with that, was that its an article on the Cobra R?.. iunno i got those AMbiens in me so im getting kinda goofy.... but we will get this striaght tomorrow, because if motor trend said them selves a z4 wouldn' beat a normal 04 Cobra around corners i still wouldn't believe it :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
ok by now im pretty sure ur quotting Cobra R shit from motortrend, if you then thats kool but i never said i would wax a Cobra R.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Probably a 03' or 04' cobra :), they respond amazingly well to mods. A bassani o/r x pipe is estimated at 40hp gain [rolls eyes], It feels like maybe 10xtra rwhp. With the right setup, he can take turns also, but with old men, they don't mod(mustang owners). He probably had a chip though cause The fastest prod. mustangs only govern to 150. Smaller pulley and he can pump out 400+hp. My next step with my 02' gt is suspension. I need to make it road worthy. Oh, and do you have the 3.0 z4?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
yeah mustang, you do need some suspension mods, most people avoid them since they just want their car to be fast, i can tell you, i used to be one of those people till i got the Z4... i got a Grand Prix GTP that has like 500 HP 412 at the front wheels... and i wax trans ams, corvettes everything, nothing gives me more of a rush then the BMW tho, even tho it is a lot slower 0-60, i would never be able to take a turn in the GTP as fast as i do in the bimmer, and my GTP has sway bars, front and rear strut tower braces and is lowered
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Originally posted by Z4B-Mer@Nov 20 2004, 01:39 PM
yeah mustang, you do need some suspension mods, most people avoid them since they just want their car to be fast, i can tell you, i used to be one of those people till i got the Z4... i got a Grand Prix GTP that has like 500 HP 412 at the front wheels... and i wax trans ams, corvettes everything, nothing gives me more of a rush then the BMW tho, even tho it is a lot slower 0-60, i would never be able to take a turn in the GTP as fast as i do in the bimmer, and my GTP has sway bars, front and rear strut tower braces and is lowered
[snapback]234305[/snapback]​
I understand completely what you are saying. I would never put my take my GT some of the places I go in the Saleen. And yea, stock suspensions on GT's(definately v6 stangs) are not good at all. I think Steeda has done a great job on their suspension mods. A friend of mine(when I lived in CA) works for Steeda(promoter/salesman) demonstrated the Steeda Q400 and it had beautiful handling. I have to say BMW's have great suspensions. The 5 series especially have tight handling. Oh and for your z4, if you don't put on your seatbelt does it beep for a long long time? If you don't wear your seatbelt for some odd reason you can stop it buy pulling up your hand break about a inch up then let it back down and it will turn off. Works in the X3's and Z's. Today I had to inspect 200+ mini's and 100+ X3's. Problems with there batteries. Then had to go down to the F2 line and 'boss' around the factory workers hehe, not really but had to supervise them. Anyways sorry for the tangent, but as long as a mustang owner sets up his/her supsension 'properly', then they handle just as good as any rwd car. I'm looking at those RX-8's right now and they are not looking so bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
RX-8s are poop man... RX-7 is the way to go :) and my personally opinion is i would never buy any other mustang other then a Saleen S281(i almost got one day at auction) and maybe the new Mach I's, i seen some hott girl at my college driving a Boss mustang but i have no idea what the specs are on those, only Boss stang i heard of was from the classic days of the 60s and 70s, this was a new style one.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Originally posted by Z4B-Mer@Nov 18 2004, 11:05 PM
ok when you quoted motor trend, was that whole article about the Cobra R or just the Cobra, becuase there is about a 30 thousand dollar difference between the two.... and i would not argue for a second that the Cobra R would whoop a z4's ass all around...... and i bought my car mostly becuase of the sports side, not so much luxury, but i didn't want an all out sports car, i wanted something i could take a girl out in and have her feel comfortable going to a nice restaurant in...... hey, i turn 20 years old this august, so as far as you mentioning my big ego 91notchback, dont mistake ego for pride.....the main reason i bought a BMW is becuase i mercedes, and as far as a Z4 goes, there is no other 50 thousand dollar car that i could find that offered more car for the price, sure there is the 40 grand cobra that might be faster, but honestly i dont think there is another car that offers more "car" for the buck, and yeah motor trend made the z4 look bad, it does ride bad on bumpy shit, not so much like a trans-am where u think ur back end is gunna swing out, but it could be smoother, im working on getting a pair of Koni stuts, anyone hear anything goos about those???? and o yeah Z4 my car might handle a little different then teh one they tested becuase i got 18inch beefy tires on there, not the stock 17s
[snapback]233634[/snapback]​
only the 1.01 G was the cobra R
 
41 - 60 of 93 Posts
Top