BMW Werkz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Ok ok so Ive been told by many people they identify me by my car and that i fit it well... HOooowever all times change and I have my eye on a particular m5 that i might be buying. Now now now dont go ohh fox what gives i thought you hate new cars... well dont fret for its a 1989. Anyway i need some insight on it, let me outline the car.

a 1989 525i body
m5 5-speed swap. I mean everything, the guy has huge 18 inch new m5 look wheels, drilled brakes, the engine, m sport seats, suspension, and body kit. The whole shibang.
The body has 150k on it and the engine mileage is unknown.
Now I need to know appoximately what year this engine is. Its the straight 6 with individual throttle bodies, Says M power over the valve cover, and thats pretty much all i know about the m5 engine from what i saw.

$6400 cash and im gonna go take my car see what they will trade me for it.

Now Id like to know the engine designation and the ratings and what not. Anyhelp appreciated.

·
Registered
179 Posts
the engine (assuming its from an e34 m5) is a 3.5L I6 M5 motor. its the same as the '88 m6 i think im not sure. neways its a 310hp, 266lb-ft. neways the oldest the motor can be is 92. if it were a real m5 it be worht about 10k, being an 525>>M conversion, worth less + the upgrades, so id say 6400 not bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts