BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· 42, The meaning of life
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks this car (E38) is determined to beat me. I went to open the bonnet/hood today, pulled the internal release lever, the right corner of the hood lifts slightly, but I cant get it to release the left side at all. The left side with the external handle just sits tight. I have tried pushing the hood back down and recranking the internal lever, all to no avail. Any suggestions about what else I can try to access the engine bay?
I think that this may have been an issue to the previous owner because the left side grill was held in place with a cable tie, which I have since removed to see if I can resolve it through that openeing. No joy at this point.:mad

· 42, The meaning of life
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well there is a step missing in my owners manual (for my car anyway). Apply slight pressure down on the hood whilst the internal release lever is operated. The hood will then pop up can be opened as per the Users Manual.
Problem solved (for the moment).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.