BMW Werkz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Chico Ca, a city of about 100K and car theft rates are higher here than places like Baltimore, San Jose, or St. Louis. Most cars stolen are integras and civics but I dont want to take any chances. I just purchased my first E36. It is in perfect condition and I want to keep it that way. My car is equiped with the OEM alarm/keyless entry. How efficient is this setup. Does anyone know if the alarm has an ignition kill switch if the ignition wires are cut? Also with my GSR I was thinking of making a hidden switch that is connected to the fuel pump wiring. Has anyone done this with their BMW? Has anyone had bad luck with the OEM alarm?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
the OEM alarm is efficient. I would suggest a DEI Shock sensor. THey are usually 20bucks online and install is quite easy.

the OEM system monitors tilt and motion. Glass breakage ties with the motion sensor; basically anything moving within the cabin, the alarm sets off.

Starting the car up, you will need the key. THere is a chip inside the key that communicates with the car; everytime you lock the car, a random code is set (i think there are 4 diff random codes). WHen you return, the code from the key must match the code from the car to start the car. You prob may know all this cuz its in your manual.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts