BMW Werkz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a lesson in how to operate the car.

I drove an M3 a couple of days ago and have been tortured with the decision between 335i and M3 since. I'm drawn to the M because of the technology ... driving difference wasn't there for the money.

Until I watched the video at the end of this article and realize now that the damn showroom car was probably in the stock mode. 10 minutes of orientation on setting the steering tension and DCT performance mode and a good lesson on using the Power Button properly would have made a bit of a difference. Even in stock mode the car was scary fast.

Rack and Opinion: M3 Cabriolet: A History of Cashing In?

I'm no longer on the fence btw ... kids can pay for their own damn education :D

Autobahn, here I come ...

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have also been told by a tech that works at the BMW dealer in K-Town that with the right mods (simple by what he told me) a 335 or 135 can eat up a M3.

For a second I was going to laugh until he told me he owned a '08 M3 and he also told me how he got smoked by a 135 on the track.

·
Pandemonium Director
2,372 Posts
software reflashes, etc, cannot void a warranty based on the magnusson moss warranty act unless its proved that the modification was responsible for the damage in question. used to work for a dealership and we had to deal with that crap all the time. plain and simple unless it can be reasonably assumed that the mod in question could do whatever damage its supposed to have done, it cannot void your warranty.. and even if it did do damage they can chose not to cover an aspect of the warranty but it still cannot void your warranty in full.

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
Ok. Then I change my statement to "Keep in mind that the software reflash and piggy-back systems will result in BMW NA trying to void your warranty on the 335i even if they are not supposed to be able to do that based on the Magnusson Moss warranty act."

·
I am Teh Edumacator.
4,521 Posts
Of course, there is a software reflash for the 335 that will not void your warranty. Just saying.

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
What I understand is that Dinan will match the new car warranty. There is no guarantee that you won't lose the BMW NA warranty (the way it used to be), or at least have to go through the hassle of fighting to keep it. I guess if you live close to Dinan it is no big deal.

·
I am Teh Edumacator.
4,521 Posts
What I understand is that Dinan will match the new car warranty. There is no guarantee that you won't lose the BMW NA warranty (the way it used to be), or at least have to go through the hassle of fighting to keep it. I guess if you live close to Dinan it is no big deal.
Your understanding is correct, but living close to Dinan is pretty irrelevant. They'll cover service at any Dinan dealer, either Indys or dealerships.

·
I am Teh Edumacator.
4,521 Posts
why don't we have Dinan in Germany?
I think Steve feels that the BMW tuning market in Germany is already taken care of with high-quality tuners. On average, BMW tuning in Germany is at a higher level than here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts