BMW Werkz banner

nooper..just saying hi, and quick question

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Ski 
#1 ·
Hello,

I was just checking out this board for a friend of mine who has a 99 323i. i have always loved BMW's was so close to buying one, then ended up with an Acura TL.

I dont know much about BMW's but was wondering if anyone could refer me to a place in which i my friend could buy herself some tailights & corner lenses other than the tailights & corner lenses w/ yellow? perhaps red & clear ones?? again, im sorry for the noob questions.....look forward to hearing from you guys

#2 ·
G
#3 ·
Originally posted by 99323i@Jun 26 2003, 01:39 PM
Hello,

I was just checking out this board for a friend of mine who has a 99 323i. i have always loved BMW's was so close to buying one, then ended up with an Acura TL.

I dont know much about BMW's but was wondering if anyone could refer me to a place in which i my friend could buy herself some tailights & corner lenses other than the tailights & corner lenses w/ yellow? perhaps red & clear ones?? again, im sorry for the noob questions.....look forward to hearing from you guys
we had a '99 Acura 3.2 TL.....worst car ever, peaky powerplant, terrible handling, and crappy ass interior....had it for 9 months :sick but the 99 323 is a nice car, and thoughs links l337 gave you are right on! :thumbs

#5 ·
well he has to keep in mind that the 99 TL is a shitty car.....weak tranny, and it's a 4 speed.....unfortunatelyi bought my car in 2000, and there was no Type-S, which i would have gotten, but it's okay, b/c after all the modding i've done to my TL....it's up there with the Type S if not more......the 323i, is a nice car but not for me......i had placed an order for a 2002 330ci, wanted to buy a house, and the TL was the best bang for the buck......

and BTW, thanks for the links.....

G
#6 ·
Originally posted by 99323i@Jun 26 2003, 01:58 PM
well he has to keep in mind that the 99 TL is a shitty car.....weak tranny, and it's a 4 speed.....unfortunatelyi bought my car in 2000, and there was no Type-S, which i would have gotten, but it's okay, b/c after all the modding i've done to my TL....it's up there with the Type S if not more......the 323i, is a nice car but not for me......i had placed an order for a 2002 330ci, wanted to buy a house, and the TL was the best bang for the buck......
yup, the 99 TL had a 4spd, and the torque was high, for 2000, i remember they lowered the peak torque from 5k to something else, added more midrange power, and a 5spd auto...much better car (was the handling improved also?)

#7 ·
Welcome to the board.

A car's appeal is all relative. So don't let comments like that give you an impression of either this particular forum or the people who use it.

Cheers.

#8 ·
handling was improved, but nothing too too noticeable......NOTHING HOW BMW HANDLES OF COURSE!!, but the addition of sways really makes the difference.

and no, i've been around the forums for a while, at least on the acura & benz forums, so i know how it goes.......i dont get offended, or change my perception on the opinion of others...........

#9 ·
Originally posted by 99323i@Jun 26 2003, 10:10 AM
handling was improved, but nothing too too noticeable......NOTHING HOW BMW HANDLES OF COURSE!!, but the addition of sways really makes the difference.

and no, i've been around the forums for a while, at least on the acura & benz forums, so i know how it goes.......i dont get offended, or change my perception on the opinion of others...........
:thumbs :rock
Welcome

#12 ·
Welcome 99323i!! We have quite a few members here at the forums that don't have bimmers so there's really no big deal..hell, one of our mods doesn't even have one!!

Enjoy your stay and check out the 'Lounge'.. :thumbs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.