BMW Werkz banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so soon im going to be driving a 1997 BMW 328i after getting the car and replacing the steering wheel and the ignition and things that where missing in the car.
I have noticed something about the muffler, I turned the car on and only one side of the muffler is working I looked in the other pipe of the muffler and it is closed by a leaver kinda thing and I was wonder what is that for? will it open when the car is gunned hard? or going at a faster speed? thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the Werkz. Not sure about your particular case, but some lower capacity cars have dual tail pipes for show, but only one of them is open.
umm but its like a leaver like it can open or some sort i took a look under the car and the muffler is aall the way threw from the engine to the back there are dual pipes? they wont put 2 pipes and let one run would they? the engine in the car is a 2.8L 24 Valve ill take a closer look tomm and post pics

·
Registered
81 Posts
The E36 328s have a dual stage exhaust, with one short pipe and one long pipe inside the muffler. The short pipe is held closed by vacuum at idle and low RPM for a quiet idle, but opens at higher RPMs for better exhaust flow and performance. Some people modify their exhausts via the Golf Tee Mod and claim an extra ~1 rwhp from the mod and a more throaty sound at idle.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the Werkz........ :) post some pics of your E36! :p

jb :)
Thanks Man its still on my dads tow truck but here are a few pics I took today the car is still dirty and so lol same as I got it but when i get it inspected and on the road and washed and make it look purrty ill post more and the up coming sound system as well, but just a tease im putting 2, 12" MTX subs with flip dvd deck for got its name lol those are winters on it right now but as soon as i sell my jetta that i have right now im going to be getting her some rims, guys got any rims that would look good ? post them up

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
Looks to be in good shape....& ready to start some upgrades! ;)

Any questions or issues with your E36, feel free to pm me........

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys were can i find one of these for my 1997 328i car? its an automatic

I dont want to get it from ebay and then have the truble of it not being the same and all that crap any one know? thanks this item here is whats holding me back from getting this car going

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
Guys were can i find one of these for my 1997 328i car? its an automatic

I dont want to get it from ebay and then have the truble of it not being the same and all that crap any one know? thanks this item here is whats holding me back from getting this car going

Give Bavarian Auto Recycling call........

BMW CLIMATE Control Unit (Panel Assy)

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.