BMW Werkz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to work today, parked the car, it was hot today 90 F degrees..... the air conditioning system was working fine...
I came out of when I went to start the car I noticed that the Air conditioning was not working. There was no air coming out but the display seem to be OK.

I increased the air flow and NOTHING. No air flowing, shut the system down, turned it back on and nothing....This never happened before, I drove the car home, everything worked fine, the display of the system is fine, but NO AIR, (HOT nor COLD)....When you turn the AC/Heater ON/OFF, you can hear the motor change speeds...Like it always did...I believe this is normal...but again NO AIR...HOT nor COLD....

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

GREAT WEBSITE!!! (By the way...)

·
Registered
497 Posts
sounds like a final stage resistor. If the display shows fan speed but nothing coming out, this is often the case. However there are many other possibilities, though I'd presume it's the final stage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you, I will keep that in mind the next time it happens....it turns out that the problem was solved next morning when I went to work. Everything was back to normal.
thanks anyway.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Originally posted by chagousa@Aug 19 2003, 08:44 PM
thank you, I will keep that in mind the next time it happens....it turns out that the problem was solved next morning when I went to work. Everything was back to normal.
thanks anyway.
What was the fix??

·
Registered
497 Posts
do tell

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually the fix was some rest overnight....I didn't do anything, the AC was up and running the next day.
Same thing happened to me again yesterday, and the result was the same, "rest overnight".
same weather conditions...up in the 90s

I know I have a problem, they suggested to me that it could be a fuse....But I'm not sure...

Besides the air not working (hot or cold), I also noticed the panel niddles "frozen" or jumpy. Again, I'm blaming everything on the heat conditions, but I know that is not normal....I'll see if I find a solution or take it to the technitian.

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem. It happend once or twice and rest fixed it. A few months went by and it started happening again.

I replaced the Final Stage unit ($80 and 5 min install) and it works like a charm now.

Here is a link

Its the Final Countdown

:driving

1 - 7 of 7 Posts