Big Tymer Jones·
I was wondering what nitrous does, and if it is harmful. Is it always on? I have a 1997 BMW 3 series chipped with exaust and am thinking of installing nitrous. Can anyone tell me about it?
Nice break down Trigg. The only thing I would change - NOS is a brand, N20 (Dinitrogen monoxide) is nitrous.Originally posted by triggrhaapi@May 7 2003, 07:11 AM
here's the low down on NOS
1. NOS is not a fuel, fruity is right, it's an oxidizer.
2. Dry systems are bad
3. Don't go for a system that gains more than 50HP without a built motor
4. NOS will make your engine internals corrode VERY QUICKLY, you will get aluminum oxalate or rust corrosion on all engine internals and it will build up very quickly. NOS is very bad for your motor.
5. NOS is also hell on your catalytic converter...
6. If you didn't already get what I was saying... DON'T USE NOS.
could you imagine if it was constantly on! wow youd fly everywhere. but probably only for a month tops. :lol:Originally posted by Furious+May 8 2003, 06:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Furious @ May 8 2003, 06:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Big Tymer Jones@May 7 2003, 03:27 AM
. Is it always on?