BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the radiator on my '93 525i. A local BMW shop (not the dealer) recommends Nissens over Behr (which is OEM). He said Nissens are built better and last longer. Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I can't speak for Nissen, but Behr seems to suck.....at least some of them. The ones on the newer e39 are constantly cracking below the upper rad neck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TECH! I also found out why Nissen (aftermarket made in Sweeden) is better than Behr (OEM). It's because Nissen uses 100% new plastic for the resevior tank while Behr uses recycled plastic. This explains why the plastic reseviors on the Behrs tend to leak, because they have weak points from using recycled plastic.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I heard Behr makes it that way intentionally to keep them in business :devil . I also have a hairline crack on the driver's side :banghead . It's not bad, but will have to replace it soon.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Please let me know which one you going with (altho now it's obvious thatz it's gonna be Nissen) and where you getting it from. Price and installation too :). Thanks in advance !!!

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts