BMW Werkz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new here. have lots of questions.. just got the e36 328i that wont pass smog.. the code comes up p0111. i just replaced the intake air temp sensor.. and the engine light still comes on.. i'm thinkin about replacin the maf. what if its not that and the wires. how do i know what to fix.. how do i inspect the wiring or connections.. what about the throttle when the car is off is that metal piece in the middle suppose to be half way open or closed.. any pix of wiring or throttle .. thanks sooo much!:help i'm so confuse!! please help THANKS! :help

·
42, The meaning of life
2,405 Posts
Welcome to the Werkz. Someone here will be able to give you some more specific help.

One way to check your MAF is to simply disconnect it and see if the performance of the car changes at all. If it get better then your MAF may be shot, you can sometimes clean them up with Brake Cleaner, but remove it from the car before you so that.
How long has the engine light been on for? Are there any performance issues with the car? The injectors could be clogged, dirty fuel filter reducing fuel rail pressure, blocked air filter, stuffed O2 sensors.
Good luck

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
replaced the intake air temp sensor.. and the engine light still comes on..

Question, after you replaced the intake air temp sensor, did you have the CEL cleared? You have to actually have the code cleared.......

jb

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes. my codes got cleared but after driving thirty miles i turn off the car. ck w/ the obd11 then it pops up again.. i dont know bout wiring.. but i will ck it out today.. thanks for all ur wonderful advise!! but if u have more pls let me knw... i'm been fixing this car all month... there was alot of thing wrong. cyldiner misfire 1,2,3 oxy sensor, and intake air temperature and engine light on.i changed the transmission. spark plugs. fan. fan shroud. radiator. oxy sensor. cooling. a/c.. did sooo much i'm sooo broke and depress. i just cant get this last thing off p0111.. i'm totally stresssssss pls help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the Werkz. Someone here will be able to give you some more specific help.

One way to check your MAF is to simply disconnect it and see if the performance of the car changes at all. If it get better then your MAF may be shot, you can sometimes clean them up with Brake Cleaner, but remove it from the car before you so that.
How long has the engine light been on for? Are there any performance issues with the car? The injectors could be clogged, dirty fuel filter reducing fuel rail pressure, blocked air filter, stuffed O2 sensors.
Good luck
... how do i rmove the maf and perform test to find out?

·
42, The meaning of life
2,405 Posts
Not sure on your model, but on mine it was a simple 3 pin wiring connector that disconnects from the MAF body. The Engine Management goes into a default mode because its got no feedback and hopefully will give you something to work with. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.