BMW Werkz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VOLKSWAGEN PRESENTS NUMEROUS NEW MODELS AT INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW

New Golf, attractive Polo versions and Phaeton with long wheelbase

Volkswagen will be presenting a comprehensive range of new models at the International Motor Show in Frankfurt. 

The new Golf will have its world premiere in Frankfurt. This bestseller, available as a two-door and four-door model, will be launched on the market in October and can be seen with all equipment levels and engines.

There are, however, numerous new features in the other model ranges.

A new addition to the Polo range is the four-door model as a notchback saloon. The vehicle has a very homogenous appearance as the fully-galvanised body was developed completely independently as of the B-pillar. The line of the windows at the side rises slightly to the rear, thus emphasising the dynamic appearance. The increase in length of 28 cm in comparison to the hatchback version is a bonus for the rear passengers and the 432 litre luggage compartment. The Polo saloon will be on sale as of the Autumn with two different equipment scopes and four engines - two diesel engines with 47 kW and 55 kW, as well as two petrol engines with 55 kW and 74 kW.

Volkswagen is expanding the range of the successful compact car with a second new Polo model with a very attractive, lifestyle-oriented model which will make a clear statement in this segment - the Polo Fun. The four-door "Fun" is differentiated in particular via its special bumpers and a chrome-coloured roof-railing as well as the individual colours and a 20 mm higher suspension. The dynamic appearance of the vehicle is further underlined by the stylish 17" alloy wheels with sporty low-profile 215/40 ZR 17 tyres. Specially designed materials, sports seats and other details in the interior guarantee driving enjoyment. The Polo Fun will be on offer with four petrol engines from 40 kW / 55 bhp to 74 kW / 100 bhp - including an FSI engine - as well two diesel engines with 55 kW / 75 bhp and 74 kW / 100 bhp.

The broad engine range for the Polo Hatchback receives a particularly dynamic new addition with the 96 kW / 130 bhp TDI engine, which achieves a maximum torque of 310 Newtonmetres at just 1900 rpm.

A high-torque TDI engine will now also be fitted in the New Beetle Cabriolet. The 74 kW / 100 bhp direct injection engine with a maximum torque of 250 Newtonmetres guarantees relaxed, but speedy, Cabrio enjoyment in the New Beetle - with very low fuel consumption levels.
A new engine is also available in the Touran, the new market leader in the compact van segment. The 2.0-ltr FSI with petrol direct injection has an output of 110 kW / 150 bhp. A further new addition to the programme is the innovative six-speed direct- shift gearbox (DSG?) for both the TDI engines in the Touran.

The Phaeton with a long wheelbase offers increased levels of comfort with considerably more space. The distance between the wheels has been increased by 120 mm. This increase provides more legroom for the rear passengers. The longer version of the Phaeton also has a comprehensive range of standard fittings such as the leather equipment package "Vienna", glass sunroof, rear operating unit for the air conditioning, as well as sunblinds for the rear window (electric) and the rear side windows. The long Phaeton model is on offer with the new V8 engine, the W12 and the V10 TDI.

The comfortable six-speed automatic gearbox is now available for the Touareg with five-cylinder TDI (128 kW / 174 bhp). This means that this feature is now available for all Touareg versions.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
3rd one is UGLY

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by Spetsnaz Op@Aug 27 2003, 09:38 PM
i like the current GTI, especially any 1.8t with APR Stage 3
I want a GTI but my dad says it's too fast for my first car :cry

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Originally posted by QnRainStar+Sep 4 2003, 01:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (QnRainStar @ Sep 4 2003, 01:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spetsnaz Op@Aug 27 2003, 09:38 PM
i like the current GTI, especially any 1.8t with APR Stage 3
I want a GTI but my dad says it's too fast for my first car :cry [/b][/quote]
that sux, the GTI is a sweet car. I wish i had one too. Easy to park, and everyone underestimates them, including thieves. They'd much rather steal a riced out celica with purple halogen bulbs

·
Registered
52 Posts
Originally posted by MattH6935@Sep 4 2003, 12:17 PM
I dislike VW....
Why is that?

·
Registered
598 Posts
^
1) There is talk of them buying BMW....Thats no good...
2) I dont like how they pack so much in for so cheap, it makes believe they are using cheap components.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by MattH6935@Sep 8 2003, 01:43 PM
^
1) There is talk of them buying BMW....Thats no good...
2) I dont like how they pack so much in for so cheap, it makes believe they are using cheap components.
How do they pack in so much for cheap? What do you mean?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Like everything is standard...features you would pay an arm and a leg for in other cars are standard....wierd...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by MattH6935@Sep 9 2003, 09:00 PM
Like everything is standard...features you would pay an arm and a leg for in other cars are standard....wierd...
Yeah I noticed that too actually. A few months ago my mom got a 2003 Passat and my dad has a 2003 Audi A6 and there are a lot of nice things in both of those cars. Things that you most likely pay more for but I'm pretty sure all that stuff is standard in those cars.

·
Registered
598 Posts
6 airbags...power everything.....alarm system....that stuff cost money and its all standard...thats the stuff im talking about...It makes me wonder what the funding was cut from...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Like what though? They're not exactly piece of crap cars...

·
Registered
598 Posts
1) For the most part, they are cheap cars ($$$ Wise) for what you get
2) The money you are saving on those cars had to come from some part that they are getting for relatively cheap.

I dont care what it is...but something on the vehicle has to be less than par.

·
Registered
75 Posts
VWs are not that cheap cars, they cost some money you know. Fully loaded GTI VR6 will run you about $24 000-$25 000, but they are damn good cars. My aftehr and my mom they have vw golfs, i have a vw gti vr6 my wife used to have a vw new bettle and now we got rid of and got a 2000 528i in its place. What is good about vws they share a lot of parts with audi so the quality is there.... :yup

1 - 16 of 16 Posts