BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i just picked up a '92 325is from my brother for 2000. there's a few little problems with it.
1. driver's window won't roll up or down, i hear the motor spin but no action.
2. passenger window rolls down an inch at a time and won't roll back up unless i disconnect the plug for the roll down/up when opening/closing the door.
3. sunroof rolls back and forward but won't tilt up
4. my sis in law said that it would hesitate/cut out when in traffic on a hot day, but when i drove it, the only thing that happened was the check engine light came on. i pulled codes and found a code 1221?

besides that it's pretty clean , black on black, 2 door,5 speed.
i do work on cars but the last bmw i had was a '85 325es.
any advice would be appreciated. i do have connections at a local bmw dealer in the parts dept.
i'm changing the valve cover gasket plug well gaskets and all v/c grommets, the spark plugs, oil, fuel filter and o2 sensor, my brother never did much for maintenance except keep up with oil changes thank god fot that at least!
glad to know there's a forum for bmw enthusiasts!

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
1. Check the window's control arm.

2. Faulty relay.

3. Most likely, its probably an issue with the guide track.

4. Not sure what code 1221 is, but there might be a FAQ on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies !
i noticed that when i went to pull the plugs that 4 out of the 6 plug wells were 3/4 full of oil and the others had a hint of oil also.
i checked the o2 sensor and it's switch rate is super slow. i'm replacing the fuel filter and o2 sensor this weekend.

has anyone replaced a window motor on their own yet? if so, what is needed to mount the new motor?

any advice would be appreciated thanks guys!

·
Registered
380 Posts
On your window, if you need help figuring out the problem, try and look at this page: misc fixes. :driving One part shows you how to remove the door interior to get to the window, then another part shows one of the problems with the windows. Hope this helps!
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts