BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im new to this forum and to bmws. I have always wanted a bmw and i finaly got one for $710.90 after tax and licensing. Ive been around German cars my whole life and have always owned VW's and audis. I am sorta a newb on cars but i am trying very hard to learn to build them myself so please excuse my ignorance. I purchased an 87 325i but im not sure what to do to it yet. I dont have loads of money to drop at one time but i plan to complete the car over time. I was wondering what to do about the motor. I have seen lots of Mplant motorswaps done but not to many people building the stock E30 motor. would i be better off fabricating in a 400 small block that i can get my hands on easily, doing an M3 swap or just building the 6 thats in it now? Any feedback would be great!

My vw's and bimmer

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by bmwmakesmepoor@Feb 2 2004, 12:13 AM
Hi guys im new to this forum and to bmws. I have always wanted a bmw and i finaly got one for $710.90 after tax and licensing. Ive been around German cars my whole life and have always owned VW's and audis. I am sorta a newb on cars but i am trying very hard to learn to build them myself so please excuse my ignorance. I purchased an 87 325i but im not sure what to do to it yet. I dont have loads of money to drop at one time but i plan to complete the car over time. I was wondering what to do about the motor. I have seen lots of Mplant motorswaps done but not to many people building the stock E30 motor. would i be better off fabricating in a 400 small block that i can get my hands on easily, doing an M3 swap or just building the 6 thats in it now? Any feedback would be great!

My vw's and bimmer
howdy...im close to the everett area :welcome

·
Registered
6 Posts
sell that m20 engine and throw a m50 in there and your done, or make the m20 a 2.7 storker with the a 325e eta bottom and save your I top, after a few technical mods and wham your there again, or throw the m42 in there, or turbo the m20 check out proturbo.fi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts