BMW Werkz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an 18 year old college student who just got the deal of the year on a 1995 318i 5spd. It has 144,000 miles, strong engine and good life left in the clutch. The car is mechanically very very solid, however, the clear coat is coming off and is going to need some things by summer at the latest. So far this is my third car, I started out with a 92 celica gt, and met an eldarado with it and lost the car. Then I was in a 1995 Lincoln contential until it started to cost way too much. However, I was able to trade it in and for the cost of fixing that car, I got the afore mentioned BMW.

So I have a few questions as long as I am posting. Is it a common problem for the buttons to the left of the clock, like the C/F button and the ones around there, to not work? I'm thinking it might be a fuse but havn't been able to check it out yet, because the clock still works and the buttons to set hours and mins still work. Another question is, does any one have or know where I could find a factory stereo with trunk cd changer controls are? My friend/mechanic has the trunk mounted cd changer, and my car has no cd player/radio/head unit. I'm hopeing that a used factory unit would be cheaper than installing my cd player from one of my previous cars.

:driving

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I have your radio if you want one. I just sold my factory CD changer and have the HU just laying around. $60 shipped. Exact same year and model.

As for the OBC buttons, the C/F should change them temp, and the memo has no real useful function. It makes the car chime at a certain time each hour. As long as you can set the clock, you're fine.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm... $60 shipped sounds pretty good to me. Is there a trim piece that needs to go around it? If needed I can post a pic of whats there.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Nope, no trim. I think I have a pic of my interior pre-Alpine. ill post it in a sec, or a pic of the HU out of the car later. email me and we can work out the details.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Ignore the penis, it was photoshop gag for lounge awhile ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by El Presidente@Jan 13 2004, 06:59 PM
so does it shif :lmao2 t good

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I suppose it shifts alright, but sometimes when I loose a race I cant help but feel shaft.....ed.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Welcome. I'm new as well. As for the buttons, there are light bulbs in the display that can be replaced, I think there are 4 or them. Pull the OBC out, and they are on the top.

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Originally posted by El Presidente@Jan 13 2004, 07:59 PM
Is this your wife's car?? :idea2

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
no, its photoshop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts