BMW Werkz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wore the shit out of my pirelli 8000s (only the fronts, the rears are in perfect condition.... which means i have understeer.. :pissed2 ) So since i dont wanna spend a lot of money on yokohamas which would last me only like 12k miles im gonna get Dunlop A2s . Im gonna get 205/60/14s instead of 195/65/14s. Thres not much of a difference in wall height but oh well, the 65s are 129 mm and the 60s are 123 mm. I figure it will be a nice ride, not as grippy as the pirellies but since im getting a wider and thinner tire i figure they will be equal... $65 bux each and thats with lifetime free install, rotation, flat fix, balancing and repair.

·
Registered
90 Posts
yeah, sounds good! My dunlop tires have given me no problems, good grip, clean ride...thats just me though, and i haven't had pirelli's to compare them to.

kali*

sorry about the understeer...

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
arent the yoko's only like $72 each? how do they compare to the dunlops life wise, 12k doesnt seem too bad.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why would i get alignment checked? Theres no moose.

Yoko evs last like 12 k.... i could put 12 k on my car in 6 months.... the yokos are said to last 15k but i doubt that i would even make 12 the way i made my pirellis fade so fast.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by Fox@Aug 25 2003, 03:19 PM
why would i get alignment checked? Theres no moose.
Alignment problems can cause rapid wear of tires. And what the heck do you mean by "theres no moose"?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a moose is any vibration in the wheels. Also it wouldnt be alignment because i just had it aligned 4 times when i replaced the P/Sing gearbox 4 times.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Alignment problems wont necessarly cause vibrations...

How long ago was the last alignment done, and who was it done by?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not even 2 weeks ago. I made a post about it, it was when i kept trying to replace my gear box but had wrong models. But i sent it off to be aligned by some alignment shop

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ok... but you did have the Pirelli's on the car previous to the last 2 weeks correct? I'd be willing to be your alignment was bad up until 2 weeks ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts