BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering - out loud - if it would be better to have the NEW E60 dudes in there own forum world. All the other 5 series dudes and share a forum...?? so what does everyone think?

Dont tell me, once a month somebody comes up with this idea , and there is a perfectly good reason for having all 5 series dudes (and dudettes) together....HAAA

Well whats the reason....?

:drunk

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm not sure what the problem is. This forum is not inundated with message and thread traffic; instead, there are only a few postings a day. People like myself who have owned both E39 and E60 may be able to help other E39 and previous generation owners with their questions and buying decisions. If you separate E60 owners into their own forum, I'm not sure what advantage that will bring.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Its not that hard to understand, two points:
1) According to my sales friend at BMW, the 3 series is the most "bought" car of the BMW fleet, and the 5 series is the most leased. So the lease guys don't take the ownership thing as seriously as "owners" do. I know some might disagree, but I think in the majority of cases, this holds true.
2) 57% of all BMW's sold are 3's, so logic would say that the 3 forum will be the busiest.

I have been on forums for almost ten years now and moderate in one on model railroading. My experience is that they get divided off to quickly and then traffic is sparce amgonst them, better to have fewer forums that are "busier."

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
rsn48

I agree with your assessment and further:
A. I think the 3 series tends to attract a younger generations than the 5 series. I am not talking a fleetwood generation vs. Trans Ams; when it comes to Bimmers, the gap appears to be much narrower since both 3 and 5 series fall under a broader concept of "sport sedans".
B. I am not so sure about the cost factors in terms of purchasing vs. leasing either the 3 or the 5 series and/or How much marketing strategies, dealers incentive,commercials etc play a role in the customers decision making process.

regards
Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts