BMW Werkz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a set of ate power slotted brake rotors and man what difference, i had a more crisp stop and not a hint of brake fade. something to invest in for sure if you wanna do your brakes.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
How much did they run? You did the full set right, front and back?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
yeah too bad brembo is expensive

·
Registered
178 Posts
The Ate Powerdiscs are almost as cheap as the OE rotors. I got em too and they have definitely have been trouble free for me. :thumbs B)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by lwebb12@Aug 22 2003, 09:17 PM
yeah too bad brembo is expensive
Not the OE rotors.

And Dragon, they only make Powerdiscs for the front.

(sorry about the double post) :confused

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
ive seen powerdiscs for the back for certain... maybe only for e30 but that wouldnt make sence on why theyd make it only for the front in e36....

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually i didnt even pay for mine, my mechanic paid for them as a house warming gift. but they are like $60 each (canadian) and i know OE's are like $38 (canadian)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by Fox@Aug 23 2003, 10:37 AM
ive seen powerdiscs for the back for certain... maybe only for e30 but that wouldnt make sence on why theyd make it only for the front in e36....
Believe me, they only make them for the front you doof. If you really think they make them for the rear, then SHOW ME.

More than 60% of the braking is done in the front, so why does it not make sense to make them for the front only? :blink:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by Furious@Aug 23 2003, 01:23 PM
actually i didnt even pay for mine, my mechanic paid for them as a house warming gift. but they are like $60 each (canadian) and i know OE's are like $38 (canadian)
Hmmm... those prices seem kinda off to me.

Ive found Powerdiscs for the E36 for $51 a pair (US) while the cheapest OE rotors were $44...

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry thats because i get stuff at cost price because i do partial work at my BMW mechanics shop

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by Furious@Aug 23 2003, 03:00 PM
sorry thats because i get stuff at cost price because i do partial work at my BMW mechanics shop
:thumbs

More power to ya.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts