BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proud new owner of a 2001 premium sport 330i. I found this board and this is my first post. The car only came with one remote key. The dealer is ordering me the valet and another remote key and is having them sent to my house. What do I have to do to make the remote work, or will it work automatically? :driving

·
Registered
497 Posts
The dealer should program it for you when you go to pick up the new key. You obviously have to take the car with you, just ask them to program it. If they don't, then PM me and I'll explain how.

·
Registered
729 Posts
i had this experience with vw passat: i asked for an extra to be mailed. the competent dealer set the key just using my vin, then mailed it to me, and the remote worked fine. no reason this should be different in the bmw...

i think they do not like mailing keys because people can steal your car this way by just copying the vin, it is open for all to see in the windscreen corner. someone in this forum advised putting black tape over it (apparently not legal in new york).

peter

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
welcome aboard bolle330i!! :welcome B)

once you get your key, take it along with your car to the dealer and have them program the key for you. before you leave the dealer, make sure that it works for everything. i had a similar incident where they lost the second key when i went to pick up the car. the second key was ordered and when i went to pick it up, they only programmed it to turn the ignition, but everything else wasn't programmed. :pissed2 so i had to make an additional trip back to get them to program it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1. put the key in ignition and turn to position 1
leave for no more than 5 seconds

2.pull the key out

3. while holding down the release trunk button pressed firmly, press LOCK button rapidly 3 times

and it should initialize.

by the way, you have to redo all the keys at once but only do steps 1 and 2 with the first key( i think if i remem correctly) :deal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts