BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've got a mint condition 518 Tourer. My plan is to put in a Straight 6 or a M5 V8 engine. I'll also need the relevant gearbox, Clutch, Differential and prop shaft. I'll also be looking at a full respray and leather interior. I know I can get the interior from a doner car (MOT failure) for a reasonable price. I'll have roughly a 6000 GBP budget for the whole project (not including the respray). I'd like to keep the cars original look so I'll be having the wheels restored.This car will be sweet afterwards.....Does anyone know any good places to start looking for ththe engine, gearbox, clutch and Diff?
Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
You have an 518. I presume it is a four banger. You will be climbing a steep hill putting in a V8. The mechanical part is probably easy. The entire drive train from the engine to the rear wheel hubs will have to be replaced. I just don't know if the wiring differences on the car side will be too much to do.

I wish you luck. You are going to need it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.